- Tulane Med School
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Up to $55,000 per year + benefits
- Closing date
- Feb 25, 2023
- Life Sciences, Biochemistry, Physical Sciences, Engineering
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Organization Type
The Postdoctoral Fellow for the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at Tulane University School of Medicine will be responsible for molecular biology and bioengineering-based new technologies and approaches to detect and measure biomarkers associated with cancer and infectious disease, and to employ these methods to analyze samples from animal models of human disease and human subjects to test and validate their performance.
We are a multi-disciplinary team across biology, chemistry, engineering and bioinformatics. You will join a team that focuses on developing non-invasive approaches for early disease diagnosis and disease prognosis, the use of advanced molecular biology approaches for nucleic acid and protein biomarker measurement, and analysis of extracellular vesicles as biomarkers in the progression of cancer and infectious diseases.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Recent Ph.D. in in protein molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, epigenetics, immunology or related field, with demonstrated skills in analytical chemistry, molecular biology
2. Research experience in biomarker detection and quantification, exosome protein/RNA detection. T cell and antibody response, epigenetic regulations, nucleic acid including DNA, mRNA, miRNA analysis, mutation analysis, drug resistance/ responses in cancer or infectious diseases.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Proficient research skills and the ability to perform cell culture, standard molecular biology techniques, protein and exosome isolation, CRISPR and molecular cloning, protein expression and purification, immune cell isolation, characterizations, nanoparticle synthesis, single cell sequencing and other such related experimental techniques.
- Strong computer skills, including an advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and/or Power Point software applications. Design and development of scientific graph are highly preferred.
- Skills in biostatistical analysis
- Solid analytical skills and attention to detail; ability to read literature and understand its content with analytic mind.
- Ability to independently work on research assignments and create new projects, as assigned by the PI.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all work performed.
- Ability to give oral presentation of experimental results in lab meetings and research conferences.
- Ability to review journal manuscripts and provide critiques.
Please apply using the following link. https://apply.interfolio.com/107219
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert