The Medical Information role is responsible for the development, management and implementation of strategic and tactical Medical Information (MI) objectives across Novartis products within broad therapeutic areas in Japan.
The Medical Information role is responsible for the management of MI activities which are aligned with an operating model. They include but are not limited to creation of medical content and management of medical information requests from external and internal customers. The Medical Information role will ensure harmonized global processes are aligned with local requirements.
• Adapt global product scientific response documents for local market needs. Create evidence-based, accurate, current and fair-balanced scientific responses for local Novartis products and manage the regional and/or local review process.
• Ensure creation of other medical content as needed to support local needs, such as interview form.
• Manages day-to-day interactions with local contact center vendor in Japan
• Ensure all activities are conducted within an optimal regulatory and compliance framework.
• Explore innovative/ digital opportunities to improve local MI processes and to enhance customer experience
o Lead the innovative multi-channel approach to provide quality medical information to internal and external customers
• Lead actionable insights generation from MI customer interactions
o Track and analyze data on customer inquiries and identify trends and insights to continuously meet customer needs at a high level of service.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Japanese and Intermediary English
• Lead position ; Minimum 3 years of pharmaceutical industry-based Drug Information (Call Center)
• Strong leadership and organization skills with a solutions-orientated approach driving optimal business results in a complex matrix environment.
• Demonstrated ability to lead strategically, drive performance, build alignment, inform, negotiate, and collaborate
• Demonstrates flexibility in response to changing needs and competing demands
• Teamwork skills to nurture trust and confidence with internal stakeholders
• Skills to analyze information (e.g. medical insights extraction from inquiry database), to identify needs/risks, to translate them into an integrated action plan, and implement it with regular monitoring and issue management.
• Promotional review experience preferred