The Lead, TA medical is accountable for building responsible brand or disease area medical strategy and ensuring its execution in collaboration with MSLs, MSEs and other partners with support from Head, TA Medical and/or Senior leads, TA Medical. The Lead, TA medical is the key project representative to commercial and GDD within Japan, and to global medical outside of Japan.
The Lead, TA medical is accountable for all of the below items with support from Head, TA Medical and/or Senior leads, TA Medical.
• Bring clarity to the medical strategy and the tactics in the therapeutic area by their own medical/scientific knowledge/interpretation/judgement and deep understanding of external voice/environment as medical/scientific/clinical research expert.
o Develop outcome-focusing TA Medical strategy aligned with TA strategy from both local and global points of view
o Act as “Medical lead” in the agile project
o Drive the actionable insight cycle by giving regular clear direction to MSLs on activities, messaging, targets, etc., and utilize collected insights to further refine the medical tactics
o Work with PMO to shape the project work breakdown structure for the TA and to identify/secure required resources and budget of the teams
o Input local needs into global strategy and collaborate with global teams on global project.
o Develop omnichannel engagement (OCE) plan by conducting omnichannel data analysis in collaboration with OCE capability pool and Medical Science group
• Lead/execute the evidence generation strategy in the responsible therapeutic areas as a medical/scientific/clinical research expert through scientific publications and innovative medical solutions in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
o Plan/lead/execute primary data collection (PDC) and secondary use data (SUD) studies including retrospective researches, prospective researches, biomarker researches, translational researches, database studies, etc. in collaboration with ME&E Dept.
o Plan/execute Integrated Evidence generation Plan (IEP) by leading cross functional team
• Provide training for the organization he/she belongs to by leveraging highly advanced medical/scientific/clinical research expertise in the therapeutic area.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
• Master’s degree or equivalent experiences. Advanced science degree (MD, PhD, PharmD, MPH etc) strongly preferred
• Japanese, Intermediary English
• At Least 3-year agile project management not in a software development but in a business context
• Preferred (not essential): Knowledge of healthcare industry
• 3-year experience corresponding to MSE/SciComm or Marketing/JPH/JPCH
• Agile Project Management
• Strategic and logical thinking skill
• Scientific hypothesis construction skill
• Communication skill with external specialists
• Research publication skill
• Deep knowledge of TA
• Ability to synthesize complex requirements into clear specifications
• Strong relationship management and natural collaborator
• Cost Management skills