The Medical Director will provide leadership and expertise and will play a critical role as an integral member of the Hemophilia cross-functional team. He/she will work with US Medical Team Lead to drive key internal and external medical initiatives such as establishing KOL relationships, conducting advisory boards, Review Committee and product and therapeutic area training. He/she will provide therapeutic area/product expertise in Hemophilia and understand patients and physicians point of view. Working closely with Global Medical Affairs and cross-functional colleagues, he/she supports the US Medical Affairs plan and helps support successful product development, medical launch and commercialization. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the development and execution of US medical strategies and tactics in support of Hemophilia and pipeline
- Promotional material development and review through RC support of medical content review, specifically around field force training modules and other launch critical needs
- Within RC, partner with legal, regulatory and marketing colleagues to ensure compliant, accurate and high-quality content of all promotional and sales training materials
- Serves as Medical Affairs reviewer for MRC (Medical Review Committee)
- Serves as Medical Lead for all Media / PR and Market Research activities in the US
- Customer insights, helping in planning and execution of Advisory Boards to gather expert advice on medical planning
- Partner cross-functionally with FMDs and other customer facing roles to gather critical feedback to help integrate into strategy development and execution
- Work with marketing and training group on appropriate timelines and expectations for Sales Training. Support training needs through partnership in developing materials and provide expert medical presentations and education. Support development of training modules
- Partner with MI colleagues to provide expert input into Medical Letters and ensure updates as needed
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS Other Job Details:
- Doctoral degree in clinical/pharmacy specialty (Ph.D., Pharm.D)
- 6+ years in Medical Affairs experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience in Hemophilia is preferred
- Understanding of the drug development process
- Knowledge of health care economics and its impact on medical decision making
- Strong analytical skills
- Professional demeanor & excellent interpersonal skills when dealing with external customers /internal colleagues
- Customer-oriented approach and ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Proven strategic thinking skills and ability to interpret and implement strategic directions
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deal effectively with deadlines
- Creativity, resourcefulness, high energy and flexibility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Last Date to Apply for Job: December 15, 2022.
- Eligible for Relocation Package: No
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
The annual base salary for this position ranges from $156,900.00 to $251,400.00. In addition, this position offers an annual bonus with a target of 20.0% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans. Salary range does not apply to the Tampa, FL location.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.