The Vaccines Sr. Manager of Content and Education is responsible for supporting medical content strategy and creation, ongoing training, communications, budget management, process documentation and improvement for select V accines products in alignment with Content and Education Director plans in support of Global medical, U.S. Field Medical, and country medical as applicable, including materials for the Pfizer medical website/ecosystem. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Using their scientific expertise, the Content and Education Manager (CEM) is responsible for supporting Global and US medical content strategy and creation, medical training material creation, and communications in accordance with Content and Education Director plans for assigned Vaccine products.
- Partners with Content and Education Director(s) to support strategy and execution of ongoing customer facing medical scientific training for assigned Vaccines assets.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of a medical therapeutic onboarding curriculum in close collaboration with Content and Education Director(s).
- Liaise with external vendors, in alignment with Medical Strategies, in the creation of medical materials for external medical communications (e.g. Customer Facing HCP interactions) and scientific training materials.
- Supports therapeutic area financial projections and budget management for Content & Education deliverables.
- Supports internal training materials and external medical communication resources through appropriate medical review processes.
- Demonstrates mastery of all Pfizer and alliance (if applicable) SOPs and work instructions related to medical review.
- Liaise with legal, compliance and governance on processes and issues related to Content & Education deliverables.
- Supports process documentation and improvement, as applicable.
- Stays current on Global and local regulations and guidance that impact interactions with and delivery of medical information to external healthcare professionals and patients.
- Stays current on and recommends new and innovative content creation formats and approaches, including digital formats, interactive and dynamic formats, and modular content approach, etc.
- Stays current on all relevant Pfizer SOPs and guidance documents.
- Serve on Vaccines Customer Facing / HQ Medical and cross-functional, cross divisional and cross business unit committees as appropriate.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Advanced degree in health science required (e.g. RPh, MSN)
- PharmD, PhD, or equivalent terminal doctoral degree (e.g. Doctor of Nursing Practice, Doctor of Physical Therapy) highly preferred
- Masters degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR PharmD, PhD, or equivalent terminal doctoral degree and 2+ years of relevant experience required.
- Experience in developing content strategies and creative ideas preferred.
- Multimedia and omnichannel experience preferred.
- Ability to create digital content including using an interactive PDF format, A/V (video, podcasts, etc.) and other dynamic content preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly adopt and utilize new digital technology and other resources (e.g., iPad, Acronis, WEBEX, on-demand videoconference, OneMED)
- Experience working with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, Qlik, Tableau, etc. a plus.
- Previous Vaccines / Medical Affairs experience is preferred.
- Experience in Public Health, Vaccinology, Immunology or Epidemiology is preferred.
- Customer Facing medical experience preferred.
- Previous scientific communication experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong strategic, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently in a matrix environment with shown flexibility and organizational awareness.
- Ability to support complex projects, including budget management & fiscal awareness.
- Ability to effectively collaborate across multiple functions including Medical (Customer Facing and HQ), Medical Information, Corporate Communications, Digital, and Commercial
- Must be decisive, exercise good judgment in decisions, organized and with the ability to prioritize a large workload.
- Ability to manage time, budget, programs and multiple projects.
- Is a role model of Pfizer's Values of Courage, Excellence, Equity and Joy
- Flexibility to travel 20% of the time, including potentially international travel.
Other Job Details:
- Domestic and/or international travel up to 20% of time likely.
- NYC/East Coast work hours coverage preferred.
- Last Date to Apply for Job: February 7, 2023
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.