The Research Investigator applies knowledge, technical expertise and experience to plan, coordinate, design, and carry out research projects in the Department of Genetics. Impacts cancer research efforts throughout the institution. KEY FUNCTIONS
- Organizes, coordinates and participates in scientific research projects under the direction of the PI
- Participates in project planning and experimental design
- Functions in a separate and independent manner in the design and initiation of research projects
- Performs single cell and bulk sequencing data analysis
- Performs bioinformatics data analysis
- Presents results at internal and external meetings
- Prepares manuscripts for publication
- Other duties as assigned
Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.
Preferred: Master's degree in one of the natural sciences or related field.EXPERIENCE
Required: Five years of experience in scientific or experimental research work. With preferred degree, three years of required experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html