Bringing life-changing medicines to millions of people, Novartis sits at the intersection of cutting-edge medical science and innovative digital technology. As a global company, the resources and opportunities for growth and development are plentiful including global and local cross functional careers, a diverse learning suite of thousands of programs & an in-house marketplace for rotations & project work. With a strong medicines pipeline our current transformation will not just deliver growth for our business but continue to allow us to bring innovative medicines to patients quickly.
The Field Medical Excellence Operations (FME) Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operational activities and project management support for the effective and efficient operation of US Innovative Medicines Field Medical teams. FME Operations will provide operational and project management support in order to create alignment and operational excellence across the US Innovative Field Medical Teams, in collaboration with US Medical and multiple business functions to maximize value for Novartis and stakeholders.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Deliver centralized operations and communications for Field Medical teams to create consistency, efficiency, reduce redundancy and bureaucracy.
• Provides ongoing assistance to Field Medical leadership in developing and executing operational plans to ensure up to speed on all projects and issues with field teams.
• Identifies and leads implementation of field process and procedures related to both internal and external compliance policy (e.g., state laws and regulations impacting field medical).
• Continually evaluates to improve processes to create operational efficiencies for field teams (e.g., hardware request, business cards, Direct Access, onboarding, off boarding).
• Oversees, coordinates, and supports FME processes as it relates to onboarding of new hires, transfers, terminations, and reorganizations.
• Independently creates and revises work instructions for FME related procedures to standardize and optimize efficiency by streamlining processes.
• Ensures new hire information is current and effectively used (e.g., New hire on-boarding check list, communication to managers and new hires, new hire training).
• Aligns with internal legal, compliance, and information security partners to ensure all field medical practices adhere to corporate policies and compliance guidelines.
• Partners and aligns with SFE, Fleet, Concur, Outsourcing, Vantage, Staffing, HR for operational matters to support needs of field medical.
• Manages and liaises between third party vendors on field operational needs and provide oversight to ensure 100% compliance (e.g., business card vendor and logistic support vendor). Also manages PO/invoices.
• Owns and manages roster updates for the field medical teams - this involves realigning territories and medical units (Vantage & Roster). Distributes roster to appropriate stakeholders.
• Identifies and leverages technology to support and administrate tracking of resources against prioritization across FM (e.g., equipment upgrade and software installation).
• Manages Resource Line by providing timely responses to inquiries (include questions on corporate policies, equipment ordering, business cards, system access) to drive operational excellence and consistency.
• Owns and independently directs the process of Field Credentialing for Novartis Companies. This includes updating resources (SharePoint) providing guidance and training to Novartis employees.
• Maintain required records and operational processes that support Field Medical management to efficiently view allocation of resources across all US IM Field Medical Teams as well as identify and leverage technology to support administrative tracking of resources against prioritization across Field Medical.
• Lead for Field Medical promotional speaker training as requested by sales/marketing.
• Responsible for leading the annual Field Medical Awards process.
• Strategize on meeting agenda and theme (incorporate current priorities, topics of focus, use previous meeting feedback, etc.), meeting planning and logistics management (i.e. budget, room set up, food, AV requirements, meeting app support, etc.) HQ and Field Medical team meetings and coordinates with sales/marketing operations for BU meetings on field medical agenda and participation.
• Maintain budget management process by providing projected spend; maintains monthly tracking of specific Field Medical spend; manage associated TOs/POs and invoice process.
• Providing leadership and project management across FME.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $124,000 and $186,000 annually; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/23 through 12/31/23, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• B.A. degree preferred or business experience equivalence
• Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence with stakeholders
• Project management and vendor management experience
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and customer service orientation
• Strong cross-functional collaboration skills
• Prior relevant pharmaceutical and Medical Affairs experience
• Self-starter, proactive, and must possesses leadership capabilities with minimal direct supervision
• Ability to perform in a cross-functional role, handle multiple tasks, and work in a matrix environment
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
COVID-19: While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected] .
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network