The goal of the Jihye Yun Laboratory
(Genetics Department) at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is to identify dietary factors that can affect tumor development, and to understand the molecular basis for the interrelationship between diet, genes and colorectal cancer. To this end, we use various mouse models and ex vivo patient or mouse-derived organoids together with human cell lines and human biospecimen. Further, we employ an integrative and systematic '-omics' approach including metabolomics and next-generation sequencing to untangle the complex yet important relationship between diet and colorectal cancer. Ultimately, we aim to discover novel strategies to prevent and treat colon cancer, which will have a direct and important impact on public health.
We are looking to recruit researcherswho share our goal, vision, and passion for making cancer history. The primary purpose of the Senior Research Assistant
is to provide supervision, and special and general training to laboratory members, conduct various experiments related to the lab projects and/or perform technical work in mouse-related experiments. Yun Laboratory:
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston is the best cancer hospital in the world according to U.S. News & World Report's 2022-23 (and previous years). The Genetics Department is a basic science department located in the George and Cynthia Mitchell Basic Sciences Research Building in the heart of the largest medical center in the world, the Texas Medical Center.KEY FUNCTIONS
- Exercises considerable creativity, initiative, and independency in planning and executing the details of mouse, cellular and molecular experiments and evaluating and interpreting the results
- Oversees lab equipment and supplies and maintains inventory necessary
- Supervises and collaborates with lab members and assists their experiments to push forward the lab projects and to publish results in high-impact journals, impacting the society
- Carry out lab duties that include purchasing, organization, and lab safety
- Excellent organization skill related to experiments, projects, and lab management is critical
- Conduct other necessary assigned tasks
Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the natural sciences or related field
Preferred: Master's degree in one of the natural sciences or related fieldEXPERIENCE
Required: Three years of experience in scientific or experimental research work. With preferred degree, one year of required experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html