Postdoctoral Position (f/m/x) for Data Scientist /
Bioinformatician / Computational Biologist
We are looking for a highly enthusiastic, ambitious, and self-motivated post-doctoral researcher (f/m/x). The position is available within the scientific team “Biomedical Data Science” led by Vikas Bansal at the DZNE Tuebingen. The group is interested in producing, integrating, and discovering patterns in large multi-omics datasets to extend the understanding of transcriptional and post-transcriptional regulatory mechanisms. Integration of different sequencing data types provides an opportunity to investigate biological pathways at multiple layers like genotype, chromatin, and transcript levels. We (together with collaborators) use iPSCs, human tissues, and mouse models to generate cell-type specific multi-omics data to better understand diseases related to the brain and nervous system. The position should be filled as soon as possible, latest until March 2023.
- Analysis of multi-omics sequencing data like RNA-seq and ATAC-seq (both bulk and single cell / nuclei), small RNA-seq and Ribo-seq
- Integration of multi-omics sequencing data, especially to decipher gene-regulatory networks
- Visualization of high-dimensional multimodal data and securing its availability through a web-based portal
- Preparation of high-impact manuscripts
- A PhD degree or equivalent working experience in computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science, statistics, or similar
- Solid skills in R / Python / Bash programming and version control / containerization
- Familiarity with developing and maintaining bioinformatic workflows (Snakemake, WDL, or Nextflow)
- Solid experience with NGS data analyses; experience with data(base) management and data visualization workflows is a plus
- Strong communication skills that will enable effective participation in an interdisciplinary team of data analysts and biologists
- The working language is English and knowledge of German is not required
- Options for the realization of flexible working conditions
- Company pension plan and health management
- Working in an international team within a stimulating research environment and very well-equipped laboratories
- A high potential for targeted personnel development through courses like “Strategic Career Planning in Academia”, “Leading a Team” and “Ph.D. Supervision Process”
- A full-time position, initially temporary limited until July 31 st, 2024
- Employment, payment, and social benefits are determined by the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (Tarifvertrag für den öffentlichen Dienst [TVöD Bund])
Interested candidates should provide the following documents: cover letter (including a personal statement and your prior research experience), CV with publication record, up to three relevant references or three letters of recommendation, and if possible, up to three highlighted publications (optional).
The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It especially welcomes and encourages disabled individuals to apply. You will obtain special skills and knowledge for your scientific qualification during your activities at DZNE.
Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.
For further information contact Vikas Bansal at Vikas.Bansal@dzne.de.
Please submit your application via the "Apply" button.