At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us. Do you dare to make an impact? YOUR ROLE
- The Lead Engineer will provide design and technical expertise to Henkel's Automotive OEM customers by consulting with their engineering and design teams to create a design of experiments for a variety of internal combustion and electric passenger vehicles, with a focus on the design of collision repair and recall solutions.
- Travel with Henkel automotive sales representatives to develop first-hand knowledge of customer/ market needs.
- Is accountable for product recommendations, customized product applications, new product training and troubleshooting for customers.
- Reports quality issues / customer claims to relevant parts of the organization in a well documented manner.
- Works with application equipment to provide solutions to enhance customer adhesive related processes
- Works effectively on strategic business unit and/or Regional specific projects. Contributes to project plans and helps the team to deliver project goals
- May supervise laboratory work (incl. prioritization) for samples coming from customers, and report technical results to customers (project management)
- Is accountable for directly communicating with sales, marketing, product development, Innovation, members of engineering field team or project team members.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical Engineering, or a relevant engineering/technical discipline is required.
- 3+ years of experience providing engineering solutions in a lab/manufacturing/design environment is required.
- Experience in automotive collision repair or designing automotive repair solutions is required.
- Customer support experience (providing product application training).
- Strong customer relations and communication skills, demonstrated project management skills.
- Ability to accommodate an average of 15%-20% travel.
The salary for this role is $85,400.00 - $95,000.00. This is the range that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Connecticut. This salary range may also be modified in the future.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.