About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary
A Research Associate II position is available in the CAR T Cell Therapeutics Research Laboratory. This is a fast-paced lab involved in cutting edge technology, research and clinical immunotherapeutic programs. The position would be a member of a research team that processes and evaluates clinical samples from patients undergoing treatment on our clinical trials. We will train new personnel in project specific techniques and procedures. Work hours may vary. Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Tissue culture including application of aseptic techniques for media compounding, passaging, maintenance, and cryopreservation of cell cultures (e.g., T cell lines).
- Flow cytometric characterization of T cell and tumor cell lines; performance of T cell functional assays (e.g., cytotoxicity and cytokine production assays) and ELISAs.
- Murine surgical procedures and tissue harvesting/preparation and assisting in revising/maintaining lab protocols.
- Providing routine lab support and maintenance activities in the spirit of GLP.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Biological Sciences or a related field, plus 2 years of research experience; or 1 year of experience with a master's degree.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in lab work as well as accurate recordkeeping and lab documentation are a must.
- Master's degree
- Hands-on experience with cellular immunology and standard good laboratory practices (GLP) desired.
- Prior experience in GLP tissue culturing and sterile techniques.
- For an overview of the Dr. Christine Brown's research, please visit here .
- The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate's experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.