About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope's translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope's specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation's "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.City of Hope's commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.Position Summary:
Under the direct supervision of the Principal Investigator, or designee, the Research Associate I performs a variety of routine and increasingly complex research experiments.Key Responsibilities include:
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Utilizing laboratory equipment and established protocols, performs a variety of research experiments. Records and validates results for accuracy and completeness.
- May modify protocols.
- Write standard operating procedures and reports.
- Maintains records of work performed including results and methodology; utilizing records may calculate, graph and compile data.
- Develops techniques and expertise in one or more areas relevant to laboratory research project.
- Ensures that all laboratory activities are carried out in compliance with safety procedures and guidelines in handling, storage and disposal of materials.
Preferred education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor's degree in biological sciences.
- 0-2 years of research/laboratory experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with cell culture, flow cytometry and imaging preferred.
- The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate's experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.