We are seeking a motivated and organized candidate to join a highly collaborative team to conduct day-to-day research protocols in support of human models of disease. Accordingly, the candidate should possess knowledge in neurobiology and cell culture techniques. Candidate must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. This position requires interpersonal skills necessary to coordinate team-based research studies.Job Duties
- Develops and maintains human cell models in vitro.
- Prepares and conducts laboratory research experiments, including cell culture and basic molecular biology techniques (cloning, Western blotting, PCR, etc.).
- Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, and organization of data.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for research studies.
- Maintains clear communication with all team members and collaborators regarding mutual expectations.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for correcting any problems.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Performs literature searches and prepares literature reviews.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
Working Conditions and Occupational Risks: Work is located in a busy core facility where there are potential exposures to blood borne pathogens (blood and/or other potentially infectious materials), drugs, and chemicals. No patient interaction is required. Rarely required to exert physical effort.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.