Director of Research at the Bronx Science Manne Institute
- The Bronx High School of Science Foundation, Inc.
- Bronx, New York
- $80,000 to $140,000 annually
- Closing date
- Feb 2, 2023
- Life Sciences, Biology
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Group Leader/Principal Investigator, Senior Scientist
- Organization Type
Reporting to the President of the Bronx Science Foundation and working closely with the Principal of the Bronx High School of Science, the Director of Research leads the Manne Institute.
The Bronx Science Alumni Foundation is organized for charitable and educational purposes, including, but not limited to, preserving the mission and excellence of The Bronx High School of Science. The Bronx Science Alumni Foundation exists to build and maintain relationships among its alumni and friends, to raise funds for both the School and Foundation activities and to serve as an effective model of a successful public school-private Foundation partnership. Providing financial resources and strategic guidance, the Foundation will work to ensure the highest quality education for students currently attending The Bronx High School of Science, while fostering lifelong social and professional relationships amongst the alumni. Our job is to increase opportunities for students through improved funding, access to resources and using connections to expand student horizons. We raise money for specific facilities, curricular enhancements and experiential education programs to enhance the learning experience at the school. We organize programs locally, regionally and internationally to connect with our alumni.
The Manne Institute, established in 2022 by a generous gift from alumnus Stanley Manne Class of 1952, provides a world class science research facility. The Manne Institute will provide students with opportunities to conduct independent advanced science research. Through key partnerships, the Manne Institute will establish the Bronx as a hub of student scientific research and provide students with unique opportunities not found elsewhere in New York City.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, working in a team-based environment to lead the programming, advanced research, oversee the daily operations and manage the team at the Manne Institute.
- Leadership – Serve as the leader of the Manne Institute. Establish key partnerships and relationships Identify novel projects for students to work on at the highest levels of scientific research. Guide and support the work of students, mentors and other scientists in their research projects. Represent the Manne Institute at key events and other opportunities. Safety and Compliance – Identify and secure all necessary safety designations and that the building is always compliant. Maintain the labs and auxiliary lab spaces. Relationships – Build strong partnerships with universities and in private industry. Develop a vast network of contacts and relationships to help advance the work of the Manne Institute. Community – Establish a community of scientists among the students of Bronx Science and the partner schools. Teach and demonstrate what it means to work in a science lab and hold students to those standards. Develop a strong relationship with faculty, students, alumni and generate excitement about the Manne Institute. Science Projects – Lead and support the development of novel, long-term science research projects and help identify the best possible projects for students. Fundraising – Work closely with the Bronx Science Foundation on possible fundraising partners and project ideas.
- Doctorate degree in the biological sciences is required Minimum of 10 years experience in the scientific research community Desire to work closely with alumni, students, school leadership and faculty to enhance the Bronx Science community Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills necessary
- This is a full time position based out of the Manne Institute in the Bronx. There are opportunities for flexibility and virtual work. The position includes full benefits. Salary range is $80K to $140K.
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert