Scientist - Filbin Lab
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
We are seeking a LAB STAFF SCIENTIST who will join the team of Dr. Mariella Filbin in the Department of Pediatric Oncology at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Our goal is to develop new therapeutic approaches for children brain tumors by overcoming “differentiation blocks” in cancer cells. Specifically, our research focuses on understanding the genetic and epigenetic changes that lock cancer cells in a stem-like state, preventing differentiation into normal cells. The successful candidate will collaborate closely with other scientists across the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard.
- Overseeing several lab projects in the lab by:
- Strategizing over methodologies and assisting with experimental design.
- Providing experimental insight and expertise to other lab members.
- Troubleshooting technical difficulties.
- Generating biological data through a variety of techniques (e.g. CRISPR screens, drug synergy experiments, FACS, scRNA-seq, ATACseq, and CHIPseq).
- Summarizing and reporting data in oral and written format.
- Assisting in manuscript and grant proposal drafting and revision.
- Ph.D. Molecular Biology, Neuroscience, Immunology, Genomics, or related disciplines.
- Experience in multiomic methodologies such as CRISPR, sc/bulk RNA-seq, ATACseq, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in project management and execution.
- Solid understanding of statistical methods relevant to large scale analysis of biological data sets.
- Knowledge of fundamental concepts in biology and neuroscience. Experience in cancer biology research is desirable.
- Positive outlook on collaboration and working in a team.
- Able to communicate effectively with scientists across a broad range of disciplines.
- Strong organizational techniques, including the ability to handle a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about advancing scientific discovery, a team player and highly self-motivated. A minimum two-year commitment is required, with appointment to commence in Fall/Winter of 2022.
To learn more and to apply, please visit: https://careers.dana-farber.org/scientist_filbin_lab
About Dana-Farber Cancer Institute:
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS, and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.