The Research Coordinator will collaborate with a team of other Research Coordinators to ensure the successful execution of human subjects research protocols and clinical trials within the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. In this role, the candidate will be primarily responsible for conducting screening, enrollment, and follow-up visit procedures for human subjects associated with IRB-approved protocols and perform appropriate data entry on behalf of Dr. Aagaard's Peribank. Experience in a clinical setting and customer service is required.Job Duties
- Takes calls in order to obtain samples necessary for study.
- Maintains records for clinical study and regulatory documents.
- Recruits, advertises, and screens for research patients.
- Conducts patient interviews to evaluate patient eligibility in study. Maintains records for clinical study and regulatory documents.
- Coordinates day to day activities of clinical research protocols.
- Performs Venipuncture (blood draws), EKGs/ECG's and obtain vital signs on study participants.
- Enters study data into a computerized database or case report form.
- Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of study volunteers.
- Schedules research subject appointments for tests and procedures such as laboratory tests, x-rays, and other studies specific for the research protocol.
- Retrieves and submits test results to appropriate party and may correspond with patient throughout study.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.