Director, Scientific Communications, Dermatology
- The department of dermatology, The Icahn School of Medicine at the Mount Sinai Medicla Center
- New York City, New York (US)
- Closing date
- Mar 13, 2023
- Life Sciences, Genomics, Immunology, Health Sciences, Drug Discovery, Translational Research, Personalized Medicine
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Job Type
- Faculty, Research Scientist, Senior Scientist
- Organization Type
Looking For A Talented Scientific Writer To Direct Communicate Ground Breaking Scientific Discoveries And Strategic Programmatic Vision in The Alopecia Center of Excellence and department of Dermatology.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Scientific Medical Writer works collaboratively with Department Chair and Principal Investigators to support and enhance NIH and other grant proposal submissions and strategic program presentations. This individual reports directly to the Department Chair and has a level of accountability with the Department Administration.
The successful applicant will obtain a title of senior research scientist, or research assistant professor, depending on qualifications.
Highly competitive salary is offered and great opportunities for professional advancement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs scientific grant writing in the alopecia center of excellence and inflammatory skin diseases.
- Provides full life cycle editing and writing support for grant submissions and progress reports for diverse funding opportunities including the NIH, private foundations, industry, and nonprofit.
- Contributes to and informs on strategic program/entity planning and related funding and financial sustainability.
- Attending meetings or taking part in conference calls with other scientists
- Works with faculty to conceptualize and craft presentations.
- Ensures that work products conform to the formatting and internal/external policy/regulatory requirements, are free of errors, and those scientific ideas are presented clearly, accurately, and persuasively.
- Coaches faculty members and associate directors on grant writing.
- Analyzes and interprets research results and the scientific literature in connection with writing or editing high-quality grant proposal narratives, grant reports, letters of recommendation, fellowship applications, etc.
- Helps other researchers translate data results into a manuscript format and propel them to publication.
- Effectively manages time, multi-task, and handle a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment. Develops detailed project timelines according to team and project-specified deadlines.
- Manages junior associates as needed.
- Other relevant duties as needed.
- PhD degree, and applicable experience and education
- Successful prior experience in obtaining NIH and other funding is a must.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
The department of dermatology at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is a pioneer in understanding the biomarker networks of inflammatory skin diseases, resulting in direct contribution to development of therapeutics for inflammatory skin diseases such as atopic dermatitis/eczema, alopecia areata and others. We are providing a rich scientific environment with many unique and unparalleled opportunities for collaborative research with other academic partners or pharma collaborators.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert