The Senior Medical Director will be responsible for leading several US Medical Affairs activities in support of Breast Cancer, including providing strategic leadership for clinical research and launch readiness. S/he will also be responsible for the development and execution of short and long-term US medical plans supporting breast cancer and aligning them with overall business goals. A significant portion of time will be externally facing, and the Senior Medical Director will provide therapeutic area/product expertise in breast cancer and understand the point of view of patients and HCPs. Working closely with Global Medical Affairs and cross-functional colleagues, s/he ensures that the US Medical Affairs plan is aligned with brand strategies to support successful pre-launch, launch, post-launch medical initiatives.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Brand Plan Development:
- Oversee and coordinate medical input into brand strategies and tactics, aligning on US regional medical needs.
- Lead the development of medical strategies and tactics and ensure the delivery of these plans
- Medical Sub-Team:
- Participate, as needed, on Medical sub-team meetings and activities
- Partnership with Global Medical Affairs to assure region is represented in Global Medical activities
- Promotional Materials Development and Review:
- Provide medical leadership for concept development and review of promotional and sales training materials in partnership with legal, regulatory and marketing colleagues to ensure compliant, accurate and high-quality content of all promotional and sales training materials.
- Customer Insight Planning:
- Provide leadership for the development and implementation of customer insight planning (including Advisory Boards) to gather expert guidance to advise medical planning.
- Develop strategies and manage Investigator-Initiated Research program, Clinical Research Collaborations and analyses of Real-World Data.
- Develop and advocate for Phase IV lifecycle clinical trial strategies and concepts to support regional medical business needs
- Publication Subcommittee (PSC) Membership:
- Collaborate with Clinical Development and Medical Strategy Lead on key governance committee to support development of strategic global and regional publication plans.
- Participate in data analysis efforts, and lead or participate in manuscript, abstract, and poster development.
- Safety Support: represent regional medical on internal safety committees, safety analysis and interpretation of clinical and RWD, guidance for safety updates, issues pertaining to regional business.
- Regulatory Support: Provide regional medical leadership, support and guidance for new labels, label updates and responses to regulatory requests.
- Customer Facing Partnerships:
- Partner with expert thought leaders and societies to support regional Medical business goals, including manuscript generation, research partnerships, fellowships, expert guidance, and competitive insight.
- Provide primary medical leadership & support for regional medical congresses.
- Managerial expectations:
- Team matrix leadership, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Responsible for developing and coaching other team members as requested.
- Support a high functioning and performance culture for team
- Serve as a medical/clinical expert in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with breast cancer to bring patients' & physicians' voice to efforts and initiatives aimed at addressing their unmet needs across business functions.
- MD or DO (Breast Oncology background preferred)
- 10 or more years experience in either pharmaceutical industry, academic centers, clinical practice, or a combination of these
- Experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with breast cancer within the US Healthcare System
- Headquarters and launch experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge and experience in breast cancer preferred
- Understanding of the drug development process
- Knowledge of health care economics and its impact on medical decision making desired
- Highly motivated with demonstrated track record of high performance and excellence.
- Strong strategic skills including creativity and effectiveness in proactively identifying and addressing challenges.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal communication and presentation skills. Proven ability to facilitate open discussion and debate among key stakeholders and build internal and external relationships.
- Well-organized with the ability to be flexible, prioritize multiple demands, and effectively lead in a matrix organization.
Capable of comprehending and communicating in a clear, concise manner a large amount of scientific information.NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
Ability to work flexible hours and domestic and international traveling.OTHER INFORMATION
Eligible for employee referral bonus
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.