1,800+ associates. 86 countries. One Regulatory Affairs. At Novartis your voice, experience, and quality mindset can truly make a difference in Regulatory Affairs (RA). Novartis has a unique and promising portfolio with 70 projects as potential NMEs in development, 65 projects in Phase 3 or already undergoing registration, and 100 Phase 1/2 projects.
We also focused on rare disease areas; in fact, more than 80% of our innovation is targeted on areas of high unmet need. In many cases, we can offer family friendly work flexibility to facilitate your physical and mental health. Read on to learn about the role available in Regulatory Affairs. We hope you will consider joining our global OneRA family.
An individual contributor position in Global Drug Development Regulatory Affairs Operations accountable for all publishing, verification, dispatch and coordination of HA compliant, worldwide regulatory submissions in support of NVS global product portfolios.
Your Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for electronically preparing, publishing, quality reviews, validation (using eCTD validator tool), and dispatch activities related to regulatory submissions (e.g., INDs, BLAs/NDAs, MAAs, HA AtoQs, Global Labeling, Annual Reports, etc.).
• Produce high quality, HA compliant submission outputs in varying formats (eCTD, NeeS and Paper) in adherence to assigned timelines and in compliance with worldwide HA requirements (US, EU, LACan, Most of World).
• Partners with Operations Submission Managers and a publishing team located in 3 regions (e.g., US, Europe and India) and actively functions in a global capacity.
• Liaises /collaborates with cross functional team members and document authors (e.g., Project Management, Clinical, Nonclinical, CMC, Safety and
Quality functions) to achieve timely dispatch of high-quality submissions.
• Comply with and actively apply internal work practices and guidelines.
• Support implementation of new technologies, tools and processes as well as contribute to ongoing initiatives and training efforts.
• Identify process or technical issues and propose solutions relating to timing, quality, compliance and resources.
• Contributes to process efficiencies, process documentation and knowledge transfer efforts within the RA team.
This position can be filled at either the East Hanover, NJ or Bannockburn, IL sites.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you'll bring to the role (Minimum Requirements):
• BS in life sciences or a relevant discipline with min 3 years of professional work
• 3-5 years submission publishing experience in Pharma or related industry.
• Experience with regulatory submission format, including familiarity with submission publishing activities and CTD format criteria.
• Effective interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Project management and time management skills to manage multiple ongoing projects simultaneously.
• Familiar with regulatory requirements and HA guidances, including FDA regulations, ICH and EMA guidelines/directives.
• Working knowledge of regulatory affairs.
• Works independently and with minimal supervision.
• Proficiency with computer programs/systems (MS office, etc.) with demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly.
Why consider Novartis?
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $112,800 and $169,200/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis
Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network