The position is for a research assistant to provide responsible assistance as part of Baylor College of Medicines 3D Organoid core. This job is suitable for someone who can handle multiple projects and can follow instructions with minimal supervision. The individual will be able to manage and oversee team members as well as interface with core users. Technical contributions to establishing and growing organoid cultures will be required. Technical skills required include sterile maintenance and culturing of cells and performing a variety of assays such as flow cytometry, microscopy, and RT-qPCR to validate cultures. A responsible, skilled and dedicated individual is required. This position will offer a unique and rewarding translational research experience in a dynamic and highly productive environment.Job Duties
- Interface with core users providing expertise and service
- Manage activities of other core team members
- Oversee general organization and daily functioning of the 3D Organoid core
- Maintain cell lines and production of growth factors for cell growth
- Application of techniques used in routine research to validate cell cultures
- Documentation of results
- Other duties as required for the project including contribution to core maintenance, ordering supplies, general clean up, freezer cataloging, and maintaining lab equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Masters or Bachelor's degree in biological sciences or equivalent and at least 3 years of experience.
- Managerial experience desired.
- Work experience in an academic research lab is required.
- Tissue culture expertise and experience in sterile technique are required.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.