We are seeking a highly motivated synthetic chemist who will contribute to the Medicinal Chemistry Department located Boulder, CO. As part of this group, the successful applicant will contribute through innovative synthetic chemistry tothedeliveryof drug candidates.
• Develop, troubleshoot and optimize synthetic routes, including modular routes for rapid analog generation and efficient scalable routes for preclinical candidates, based on discussions with supervisor and team members
• Employ enabled routes to synthesize medicinal chemistry targets in singleton or parallel format
• Build effective partnerships with outsourcing points of contact, analytical, technology, pharmaceutical sciences and process chemistry groups, to efficiently execute synthetic deliverables
• Actively participate in discussions and present results in chemistry team meetings
• Adhere to all safety, scientific record keeping, and compliance requirements
• Master's degree in synthetic organic chemistry or Bachelor's degree with at least 2 years industrial experience as a synthetic organic chemist
• Solid knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry reaction mechanisms and reactivity
• Experience as a synthetic organic chemist familiar with a range of reaction types and having demonstrated multi-step synthesis, purification and characterization of organic compounds, especially using NMR and mass spectroscopy
• Ability to effectively communicate (oral and written) with supervisor and project team members
• Experience in medicinal chemistry
• Experience in retrosynthetic analysis and capable of designing synthetic routes that efficiently meet project needs
• Demonstrated independence in the laboratory and in problem solving through careful experiment design, data analysis, and mechanistic insight
Please submit your resume and optional cover letter and 1-2 page research summary
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION:
• Eligible for employee referral bonus
Lifting, standing, ability to work in a lab environment.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
A dhere to safe work practices and procedures in a chemistry laboratory.
\nRelocation support available\n
Work Location Assignment: On Premise
For roles based in Colorado: The annual base salary for this position ranges from $60,400.00 to $100,500.00. In addition, this position offers an annual bonus with a target of 7.5% of the base salary. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development