The Emerging Markets Pipeline Scientific Expert reports to the VP EM Rare Disease Medical lead and will act as the principle Medical Expert leading scientific work on pipeline assets with Emerging Markets regional responsibility and in close collaboration with the Global Rare Disease Medical Group. The incumbent will participate in the design, oversight, analysis, and interpretation of data relevant to understanding the science of different products including Gene Therapy for Hemophilia A and B, anti-TFPI, and other pipeline products. He /She will represent Pfizer at key regional, global meetings and scientific congresses. He/She will work with commercial development to communicate and help interpret medical and scientific data related to pipeline assets. He/She will serve as a point of contact from EM in any interaction with the global Rare Disease Medical Team in relation to pipeline assets . He/She will work closely with clinical leads, RU leads to help placement of clinical studies in major markets in EM. He/She will engage with authorities (regulators, payers... ) across emerging markets to discuss scientific information on pipeline assets. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Train country colleagues on pipeline assets and communicate updates in a timely fashion
- Represent Emerging Markets at relevant scientific committees
- Partner with Commercial Development to ensure that key scientific information is communicated and understood so that appropriate strategies are developed
- Respond to requests from country and regional colleagues
- Provide the needed support to regional or country medical teams in the organization of medical education events
- Serve as EM expert in RD pipeline effectively communicating relevant scientific information regarding RD pipeline to authorities across major markets in Emerging Markets
- Serve as the regional liaison with RU, clinical and Regulatory Affairs teams re RD pipeline assets
- Key liaison with Business Development Activities in the region
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- MD with expertise in Rare Disease
- At least 5 years working on Rare Disease
- Experience working across diverse cultures and geographies with KOLs, regulatory bodies, governments
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with KOLs, government officials, regulatory bodies
- English is a must, Spanish, Mandarin, French an asset but not required.
- High level of technical epidemiological and clinical Rare Disease knowledge is a must
- Ability to communicate highly complex scientific concepts to internal and external audience
- Highly effective writer and speaker
- Strong work ethic and history of delivering projects within stated timelines.
Other Job Details:
- The position will involve travelling across EM
- Ability to understand complex concepts related to RD pipeline including study design, analytic results, and data interpretation.
- Ability to communicate data
Last Date to Apply for Job: December 12th, 2022
Additional Location Information: Global - Any Pfizer site
Eligible for Relocation Package: No
For roles based in New York City: The annual base salary for this position ranges from $211,200.00 to $351,700.00. In addition, this position offers an annual bonus with a target of 25.0% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.