Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best - in - class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
Worldwide Research and Development (WRD) at Pfizer combines research and technology units that have deep disease area expertise and cutting-edge science and platforms to discover and develop innovative therapeutic programs in small molecules and biotherapeutics, including vaccines. In your role, you will work closely with other biochemists, medicinal chemists and biologists and apply your background/skills to understanding the underlying biochemical pathways and characterizing the molecular interactions between chemical compounds and target protein(s).
As a Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. You will be recognized as a technical expert and a scientific contributor. With your deep knowledge of the discipline, you will be an active team member who influences at the project team level. You will be using your scientific judgment to adapt standard methods and techniques by applying prior work experience and consulting others. Your ability to plan will help in preparing short-term work activities on projects. Your creativity in developing novel processes and new ideas will be used frequently. You will undertake mentoring activities to guide your team members.
It is your hard work and dedication that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe. How You Will Achieve It
- Apply technical skills and functional knowledge to projects/ assignments within own work group/ project team independently and proactively.
- Act as a technical resource within own work group/project team .
- Act as scientific expert for development, optimization , and transfer of analytical methods for characterization of vaccines/therapies.
- Design, plan, and execute assay development, qualification , and transfer studies with guidance to support the release, stability , and characterization testing of early vaccine/therapy candidates.
- Prepare and review technical documents including study protocols and reports, risk assessments and provide input for regulatory and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) relevant documents.
- Present scientific data at internal meetings in global interdisciplinary teams.
- Manage daily, weekly , and monthly laboratory activities, such as monitoring of equipment, completion and review of equipment logbooks, periodic laboratory cleaning and managing the laboratory waste, checking PMO status of lab equipment and resolving discrepancies.
- Manage storage of reagents and test solutions in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Participate in continuous improvement of scientific and regulatory processes via update/creation of SOP's, design and implementation of laboratory and study based processes and development of best practices for bioanalytical data generation.
- Contribute to the development of new technologies, coordinate internal and external collaborations . and drive the implementation into routine processes.
- Be responsible for QC and peer review of raw data, results, and final reports from other colle a gues within the regulated group, participate in internal and external audits providing required information to auditors, as needed.
This individual will be responsible for supporting analytical characterization of viral vaccine strain change activities within the Vaccine Research and Development - Early Bioprocess Development group. The candidate will assist with the analytical team to support the RNA drug substance, LNP drug product, and critical reagent production and characterization to enable strain changes as required. The individual will provide scientific and technical support for the team of analytical scientists, as well as work with multifunctional teams outside of their reporting structure. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Effectively execute analytical protocols for release and characterization of RNA drug substance, LNP drug product, and critical reagents to support viral vaccine strain change.
- Perform protein and antibody purification using automated column chromatography purification systems.
- Analyze data obtained with minimal supervision.
- Document experiments contemporaneously in either an electronic or paper notebook as directed and provide to supervisor or designee for review.
- Contribute to authoring technical documents including development reports, analytical test methods, and method qualification reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned. This includes maintaining laboratory instruments as necessary according to applicable guidelines and ordering frequently used reagents and materials.
- Read scientific and technical literature to stay current in the field and to bring new and improved technologies to the laboratory.
- MS degree in biology or related discipline with 4+ years relevant experience or BS degree in biology or related discipline with 6+ years experience.
- A strong background in biochemical and immunological techniques is essential.
- Proficiency with personal computers including word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience with developing immunoassays for detecting proteins or glycoconjugates is desired.
- Previous experience with antibody purification using AKTA protein purification system or equivalent technology
- Experience with protein purification, cell transfection, Flow Cytometry, and cell culture in a BSL2 environment is a plus.
- Experience with documentation of laboratory notebook in an electronic format is desired
Standard laboratory conditions - sitting, standing, primarily lab based NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
40 hours per week.
Work Location Assignment:On Premise
Other Job Details:
Eligible for relocation package
Eligible for employee referral bonus
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development