Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best-in-class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
We are seeking a Technical Expert in the Analytical Research and Development GA group as a laboratory-based analyst that will support Equipment Lifecycle in Groton, CT.
The Technical Expert will support ARD Equipment Lifecycle necessary to onboard equipment and ensure compliance with applicable procedures and policies as a key resource. The colleague must be able to interact effectively with peers and leaders as part of a multi-disciplinary team and thrive in a fast-paced environment. The individual should also be proficient with a variety of software and information systems. Attention to detail, accuracy, strong organizational skills, the ability to multitask, and effective interpersonal, communication and documentation skills are required.How You Will Achieve It
Job responsibilities may include onboarding of new diverse analytical equipment as well as upgrades to existing equipment for both GMP and development instrumentation (simple to complex). This requires:
- Comprehensive knowledge of System Lifecycle Process (SME)
- Change Control for qualified equipment/systems
- Equipment updates/decommissioning
- Investigation of calibration deviations
- Commission new equipment
- Data integrity assessments
- Preparation of technical documentation such as SOPs revisions, CAPAs, periodic reviews, updates to validation master plans.
- Managing workload with autonomy. Strong project management skills are required to manage multiple instruments at different stages in the system lifecycle process.
- Work with vendors, IT for data storage solutions, cross-functional project teams to ensure equipment is onboarded efficiently and in compliance with regulatory and Pfizer compliance expectations.
- H.S. diploma or equivalent with 6 years of experience
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, including the ability to maintain an accurate scientific notebook.
- Familiarity with modern analytical tools and techniques.
- Associate's Degree, Bachelor's Degree, or Technical Degree
- Some experience in a laboratory setting.
- Proficiency using various computer applications including, but not limited to: LIMS, GDMS
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- The position requires an ability to work in a laboratory environment performing analytical testing on raw materials, excipients and packaging components (ex: appearance, spectroscopic ID testing, LOD)
Other Job Details:
- A standard day shift operation totaling approximately 40 hours per week is expected for this role.
- Training will be provided as necessary.
- Last day to apply: December 16, 2022
- Work Location Assignment: On Premise
On Premise colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it's needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development