Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
We are seeking a Technical Expert in the Analytical Research and Development GA group as a laboratory-based Excipient Release and Outsourcing Sample Management Specialist in Groton, CT.
The Technical Expert will manage chain of custody of GMP sample receipts to the lab. The Technical Expert will coordinate outsourcing activities for GMP excipient samples in support of multi-product clinical manufactures and perform required internal testing. The colleague must be able to interact effectively with peers and leaders as part of a multi-disciplinary team and thrive in a fast-paced environment. The individual should also be proficient with a variety of software and information systems. Attention to detail, accuracy, strong organizational skills, the ability to multitask, and effective interpersonal, communication and documentation skills are required.How You Will Achieve It
- Job responsibilities may include coordination of GMP sample receipt and login following lab procedures.
- Preparation of sample submission and shipping documents to CROs for analytical testing.
- Review of CRO data for completion.
- Perform quality inspections and identification testing on raw materials, excipients, and packaging components within the laboratory environment.
- Manage workload with autonomy and prioritizes stability workflow as needed.
- Direct interaction with project team members, verbal and written.
- Seek guidance where needed to resolve excipient specfication and/or testing challenges
- Document testing and results in eLN and LIMS. Utilize Clementine, Sharepoint, GDMS, etc. for workload and document management.
- H.S. diploma or equivalent with 6 years of experience
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, including the ability to maintain an accurate scientific notebook.
- Familiarity with modern analytical tools and techniques.
- Associate's Degree, Bachelor's Degree, or Technical Degree
- Some experience in a laboratory setting.
- Proficiency using various computer applications including, but not limited to: LIMS, GDMS
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- The position requires an ability to work in a laboratory environment performing analytical testing on raw materials, excipients and packaging components (ex: appearance, spectroscopic ID testing, LOD)
Other Job Details:
- A standard day shift operation totaling approximately 40 hours per week is expected for this role.
- Training will be provided as necessary.
- Last day to apply: December 16, 2022
- Work Location Assignment: On Premise
On Premise colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it's needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development