The section of Gastroenterology & Hepatology is looking to hire a Research Coordinator II to coordinate day to day operations of IBD research protocols which include screening, enrollment, and monitoring research participants. The clinical trials are primarily focused on patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD). The candidate is expected to interview, screen and recruit patients, collect patient information, and work in a team. The ideal candidate should be organized, able to multitask and work in a fast pace environment.Job Duties
- Consents patients for study; explains process and procedures to educate participant regarding the research study.
- Collects patient information; processes documents and enters information into a database.
- Maintains records and regulatory documents and records for research studies.
- Retrieves and submits test results to PI for review.
- Corresponds with patient throughout study.
- Orders supplies and equipment.
- Process blood and tissue specimens
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.