¬4 FDA approved drugs; 15+ clinical candidates; 400+ patents; 21 years of NIBR - San Diego history!
The Bioconjugates group at NIBR-San Diego is a key contributor to the global Novartis effort to bring innovative medicines to patients. We strive to bring new molecules from idea to clinical trial, including in the xRNA delivery space. The group is seeking a Research Scientist II to join an interdisciplinary research group dedicated to furthering mechanistic understanding of the siRNA Platform through in vitro experimentation. The role requires strong interpersonal skills, the capacity to multi-task, and the ability to learn and master new techniques in the field of siRNA.
Your Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Engage in a variety of investigative, mechanistic siRNA research efforts to evaluate siRNA compounds, utilizing various biochemical, molecular and cell-based assays.
• Quantify siRNA/protein/DNA using various biochemical assays.
• Learn new techniques to support in vitro studies.
• Responsible for data entry, data analysis in a timely manner, and preparation of clearly articulated experimental reports.
• Communicate results with key stakeholders throughout the Research organization.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you bring to the role
• BS in Biology, Biochemistry, or related field with 2+ years of relevant lab work experience, preferably in an industrial setting.
• Proficient in mammalian cell culture, transfection/stable selection, molecular cloning, and biochemical assays for RNA/DNA/protein extraction and quantification such as RT-qPCR, immunoprecipitations, Western, and ELISA.
• Experience and ability to develop plate-based assays in vitro (ex: fluorescence, chemiluminescence)
• Demonstrated innovation, creativity and resilience in problem solving
• Self-motivated team player with the ability to thrive in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary, matrixed environment
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you are given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you are empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges surround you.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $80,000 - $120,000/ year; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/22 through 12/31/22, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network