The Wythe Lab at Baylor College of Medicine is looking to hire a Staff Scientist with experience in 3D imaging and image analysis to lead a newly funded NIH UC2 grant initiative on imaging the nerve-vessel interface in the setting of osteoarthritis. Experience in in confocal imaging is essential, and expertise in lightsheet imaging and post-acquisition image analysis (IMARIS, AMIRA, Arivis, ImageJ/Fiji, Neurolucida, etc.) would be desirable. A background in neuroscience, immunology, or vascular biology or skeletal development or injury are attractive.Job Duties
- Establish and optimize existing imaging protocols (CLARITY, EZCLear, iDISCO, etc) for 3D imaging, image analysis within the lab, while also analyzing data and making figures and writing text for manuscripts and preprints (thus facility with the adobe suite (illustrator, photoshop) to create figures to visualize their data and familiarity with PRISM/graphpad is beneficial).
- Train others within the lab in these imaging method.
- Deal with basic mouse colony maintenance as needed for the project, with a focus on imaging.
- Perform general lab duties (ordering, stocking, etc).
- Attend and present at lab meeting and grant consortia events and meetings. Journal club presentations and attendance at NIH RE-JOIN/HEAL consortia events and meetings.
- Standard immunohistochemistry, histology, and other imaging approaches and analysis will also apply.
- Meet 1 on 1 with the PI weekly to summarize their progress and troubleshoot project.
- Peer review manuscripts, replicate findings of others in the lab, help with presentations, or perform standard biological experiments mice and/or imaging modalities (micro-CT, confocal, LSFM, etc.).
- Doctoral Degree. Experience may not be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Three years of post doctoral research experience.
- Expertise with post-acquisition imaging processing
- Ph.D. in immunology, skeletal development or injury, vascular biology, or neuroscience, and experience working with mice, or extensive relevant work experience in these fields, is preferred
- Evidence of productivity, such as peer reviewed publications, or preprints or imaging analysis pipeline development tools are preferred
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.