The IM Field Medical Therapeutic Area Team Leader possesses deep Therapeutic Area knowledge and is responsible for managing and developing a team of IM Field Medical colleagues in the designated therapeutic area. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all IM Field Medical Therapeutic Area (IM FM TA) responsibilities in order to lead, manage, develop, and coach a team of IM FM TA colleagues with the designated FM TA and Pfizer medicine expertise
- Guide work prioritization and resource allocation within team, and authorize expenditures for team related to travel, training, supplies, and other miscellaneous expenses
- Conduct HR-related issues for assigned team (such as performance appraisals, salary planning, new colleague selection, colleague development plans, colleague retention, team culture, and conflict resolution) and manage concerns in a timely and compliant manner
- Ensure team activities are conducted in compliance with all policies, guidelines, and regulations, and that team members complete all assigned trainings within the specified timeframe
- Collaborate and partner effectively with Medical Governance team as appropriate
- Partner with administrative professional staff to ensure effective support is provided to designated the IM FM TA team
- Assist the HQ US Medical Affairs team with the strategic planning, development, inclusion of Field Medical insights, and execution of team Medical plan for the designated therapeutic area, including budget planning
- Support the designated HQ US Medical Affairs team in the assessment and roll-out of major above-brand strategic initiatives
- Ensure that communication and collaboration between HQ Medical Affairs and IM Field Medical and commercial functions are effective, appropriate, and compliant
- Take accountability for the review and approval of appropriate approval of Medical content for the designated IM FM TA use in accordance with Pfizer Medical policies and SOPs
- Serve on IM Field Medical and/or cross-functional committees and teams as requested by Medical Affairs leadership
- Interact with investigators and other HCPs as appropriate in clinical and research activities
- Understand, communicate, and adhere to current FDA and other US regulations and guidance that impact interactions with and delivery of medical information to external HCPs
- Anticipate and lead team to effectively adopt new digital technology, on-demand, and other related offerings that improve the efficiency of IM FM TA Medical communications and activities and that enhance the overall Medical customer experience
- Remain up to date on scientific and medical literature and developments within the designated IM FM TA.
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Bachelor's degree in a health science required
- PharmD, PhD, or equivalent terminal doctoral degree (e.g., Doctor of Nursing Practice, Doctor of Physical Therapy) highly preferred
- 15+ years of relevant experience required with Bachelor's degree or 8 or more years of relevant experience required with PharmD, PhD, or equivalent terminal degree.
- Demonstrate a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes, and create business impact
- Demonstrate leadership skills with the ability to inspire, motivate, develop, and lead a team in a complex, changing environment that is focused on generating a positive Medical customer experience while embodying the Pfizer Core Values
- Possess strong strategic, analytical, self-awareness, and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently while demonstrating flexibility and organizational awareness, adapting to changes within short timeframes
- Demonstrate ability to
- Manage a diverse team of geographically dispersed professionals
- Manage a significant volume of projects developed in a remote environment, while exhibiting the ability to prioritize, successfully implement, and demonstrate excellent judgment skills and work in a continuous improvement environment
- Work within a matrixed, multi-disciplinary team to foster strong Pfizer/customer professional relationships which are aligned with Pfizer Medical objectives
- Effectively manage through and lead change in an ever-changing and evolving external health care environment
- Demonstrate change agility; be flexible to new opportunities (e.g. new therapeutic areas) and adaptable to organizational change
- Problem-solve and network enterprise wide as appropriate to identify solutions
- Collaborate effectively and demonstrate leadership and teamwork with peers, internal stakeholders and external customers that inspires alignment and partnership on a shared vision or strategy
- Be a self-starter, be accountable, and have a sense of urgency in delivering results that have medical impact and yield a positive customer experience
- Be decisive but exercise good judgement in decisions
- Maintain self-awareness and continually choose behaviors and responses based on how it impacts one's own and others' performance and engagement
- Demonstrate clinical and technical skills
- Rapidly adopt and utilize new digital technology and other resources with medical customers and record medical interactions
- Operate a Pfizer company car and regularly fly on airplanes (i.e. attend HCP/customer meetings; attend NYHQ meetings, etc. required; proximity to airline 'hub' city); maintain flexibility to travel approximately 50% of time
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Familiarity with internal/external SOPs/Rules/Regulations regarding Pfizer/customer interactions and relationships, etc.
- Previous Field Medical experience
Ability to work Eastern or Central Time Zones.Other Job Details:
Last Date to Apply for Job: December 15th, 2022
Additional Location Information: US - Remote
Eligible for Relocation Package: No
For roles based in New York City: The annual base salary for this position ranges from $191,800.00 to $319,700.00. In addition, this position offers an annual bonus with a target of 25.0% of the base salary and eligibility to participate in our share based long term incentive program. Benefits offered include a retirement savings plan, paid vacation, holiday and personal days, paid caregiver/parental and medical leave, and health benefits to include medical, prescription drug, dental and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.