The goal of this Expert Scientist position will be focused on developing and qualifying serologic assays to be used for the analysis of in vivo animal studies. The Expert Scientist will bring to the team significant knowledge of Immune responses to vaccine biology and experience developing assays which provide critical information to enable strategic decision making by the project team.
We are looking for a highly motivative, innovative scientist with experience in multiple Ligand Binding formats and neutralizations assays who can selflessly contribute to multiple projects and help usher a wide variety of vaccine candidates through preclinical development.
- Provide expertise in the areas of immune response to vaccines, particularly B cell and antibody responses, and develop ligand binding and neutralization assays to evaluate those responses.
- Experienced in multiple ligand binding assay formats including Luminex, Gyros and AlphaLISA and viral neutralization assays
- Provide serologic analytical expertise to GSK vaccine projects
- Write protocols, procedures and work instructions to support human immunology assays. Independently write specific technical sections of internal and external reports and contribute to scientific papers
- Provide effective and inspiring leadership with an enterprise mindset, ensuring support to professional development and qualification of staff
- Possesses strong scientific leadership to enable collaboration with key scientific stakeholders internally and externally
- Publish in peer reviewed journals and support patent filings
- Supervise students and junior lab personnel as needed
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD degree in life sciences with at least 2 years of experience in a related biotechnology field OR a master's degree with at least 5 years of experience in a related biotechnology field OR Bachelor's with at least 8 years of experience in a related biotechnology field
- Experience with the implementation of robotic systems to increase analytical efficiencies
- Experience in developing analytical templates in SoftMax Pro, Prism and other analytical software
- Basic skills in statistical analysis
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Prior experience with the analysis of human biological samples and knowledge of the HBS specific precautions.
- Experience in validation of assays for regulatory filings
- Knowledgeable in the fields of immunology and the response to vaccination
- Knowledgeable in approaches used to monitor activation of innate immunity pathways (e.g. transcriptomics, cytokine profiling, imaging, etc.)
- Strong track-record of scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals or other demonstrations of scientific success
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
*LI-GSK Why GSK?
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose - to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together - so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns - as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it's also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We're committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record