Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best - in - class medicines to patients around the world. What You Will Achieve
An essential component of Pfizer, our Pharmaceutical Sciences function supports Pfizer's early to late-stage portfolio translating new chemical entities into commercial drug products. Pfizer's Drug Product Design group is seeking team members with a desire to bring new, cutting-edge medicines to patients around the world. Our team members use science and technology to design, characterize and develop drug product formulations from candidate selection to commercial launch.
As a Scientist in the Formulation and Process Design group, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality. Your significant experience of applying knowledge of principles, concepts, and practices of the discipline will make you a critical member of the team. Your skill and knowledge will help in making decisions that require choosing among limited options. You are proactive in contributing to all team discussions and creating an environment of collaboration.
You will leverage existing scientific knowledge and develop new skillsets to evaluate the chemical & physical stability, bio-performance, and manufacturability of drug products across a diverse range of therapeutic areas in various stages of development. Doing so will require thorough communication, attention to detail, diligent problem solving, and responsible record-keeping to plan, coordinate, and execute empirical research. Such experiments may focus on formulation development, analytical characterization, process scale-up, and technology transfer. Success in this role will further require scientific creativity and the willingness to seek and foster collaborations within the larger Drug Product Design group.
This laboratory-based position offers the opportunity for cross-training and growth in multiple technical areas to encourage a flexible working environment. Enjoy the entrepreneurial culture and well-defined infrastructure to develop new technologies and processes for drug delivery and dosage form manufacture with the resource support of a larger company.The applicant may use or develop novel processes or hypotheses; applies ingenuity; new ideas and knowledge with the help/guidance from senior managers within the department.
It is your hard work and dedication that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Conduct time-sensitive studies to support the design and development of clinical/commercial formulations and processes to ascertain solutions to technical challenges.
- Independently and proactively consult industry/academic literature and inline/crossline subject matter experts to inform experimental strategy and experimental design.
- Use written and verbal communication to effectively convey experimental designs, justifications, and results to inline and crossline audiences.
- Author development protocols, technical documents/reports, and contribute to Regulatory submissions as appropriate
- Practice effective multitasking through prioritization. Judiciously resolve urgent, important needs while demonstrating advanced planning for important, non-urgent needs.
- Thoroughly and contemporaneously record experimental details and data into an electronic laboratory notebook.
- Review the laboratory experiments and other written records of fellow scientists.
- Read, understand, and follow standard operating procedures, best-practice guidance, corporate policies, and applicable government regulations.
- Ensure safe working practices are followed and maintained both in own and others' work.
- Continuously develop and maintain in-depth comprehension of scientific principles, technologies, techniques, and Regulatory environment associated with the development of pharmaceutical dosage forms.
- MS in Pharmaceutics, Chemistry, Chemical or Pharmaceutical Engineering with at least 4 years relevant experience, or BS in Pharmaceutics,Chemistry, Chemical or Pharmaceutical Engineering related disciplines with at least 6 years relevant experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a dynamic and highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with experience in report writing.
- Proficiency with personal computers, including word processing, spreadsheets,PowerPointand relevant scientific software.
This position resides within the Formulation and Process Design (FPD) line ofDrug Product Design (DPD). Common interactions for this role include:
- Partner Pharmaceutical Science lines (such as Analytical R&D, Chemical R&D, Global CMC, Drug Product Supply, Packaging etc.) as member of the Pharmaceutical Science Project Team.
- Excipient and equipment vendors
- Drug product clinical and commercial (PGS) manufacturing site colleagues
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- This is a lab-based role that may require significant periods of time away from a desk.
- While performing the duties for this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to reach, handle, and feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk or sit, balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must regularly move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
- Employee will be required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment for specific job duties to be performed. Such equipment may include lab coats, safety eyewear, various types of gloves, and/or respirators.
Other Job details
- The position may require travel to project meetings and support clinical, registration and validation campaigns at manufacturing sites globally.
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise, colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it's needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
- Relocation support available
- Last Date to Apply: December 14th, 2022
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development