Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best-in-class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
As a Scientist, you will be at the center of our operations and you'll find that everything we do, every day, is in line with an unwavering commitment to quality.
You will be responsible for supporting preclinical in vivo studies and laboratory maintenance. Your skills and expertise will ensure that all work is to be done in a compliant manner according to relevant Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) guidelines and Good Lab Practices cGLP and/or (Current) Good Manufacturing Practices (part of GxP) cGMP guidelines.
With your deep knowledge in the discipline, you will be an active team member who influences at the project team level. You will be using your scientific judgment to adapt standard methods and techniques by applying prior work experience and consulting others. Your ability to plan will help in preparing short-term work activities on projects. Your creativity in developing novel processes and new ideas will be used frequently. You will undertake mentoring activities to guide your team members.
It is your innovative scientific temperament that will help in making Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.How You Will Achieve It
- Provide in vivo study support, including vaccine preparation, cage side syringe filling, sample processing, review of dosage instruction documents, initial study report write-up
- Engage in frequent communications between In Vivo team, project and/or study leads, assay teams, members of Early BioProcess Development, Comparative Medicine and Safety
- Provide tissue processing and cellular assay support
- Maintain accuracy of study calendar and testing results
- In vivo sample management, including storage, inventory and distribution
- Emergency equipment responder, gaining knowledge in the environmental monitoring system
- Assist with laboratory management duties as needed
- Comply with all trainings and good laboratory practices, agreement to wear proper personal protective equipment (PPE) when appropriate
- Maintain complete and compliant documentation for laboratory work using electronic notebook
- Bachelor's Degree with 6+ years of experience / Master's degree and 4+ years of relevant experience
- A positive and professional attitude, being proactive is key!
- Excellent organization and planning skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as part of a team, strong motivation with a dedicated work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to troubleshoot, staying flexible and adaptable
- Knowledge of working safely in a BSL2 environment proper aseptic technique
- Proficiency with personal computers including word processing, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software with the ability to use appropriate software to maintain sample inventories, submit service requests and navigate the environmental monitoring system
- Experience in animal handling and tissue necropsy
- Ability to process blood and tissue samples
- aBSL3 opportunities available (if interested, not required)
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Accessing samples in ultra-cold freezers (LN2, -80C, -20C)
- Bending, lifting, walking from lab to lab and building to building.
- Wearing proper PPE, including N95 (or PAPR) in vivarium
Equipment monitoring requires the ability to be contacted by phone 24/7/365. Must take action when required.
Work Location Assignment:On Premise
Other Job Details:
Eligible for relocation package
Eligible for employee referral bonus
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development