Until 5 January 2023, the CNRS, one of the biggest research organizations in the world, will be recruiting 270 researchers of any nationality, from any scientific discipline: biology, chemistry, ecology and environment, people and society, engineering and systems, mathematics, nuclear and particles, physics, information science, earth and the universe, and so on.
The available positions as permanent research scientists are therefore characterized by a wide diversity of scientific themes.
If, like us, you want to work on the biggest scientific challenges of the decades ahead, come join us and make your contribution to French and European research!
- Opening of registrations: 5 December 2022 at 1 pm
- Closing of entries: 5 January 2023 at 1 pm
- Evidence of eligibility: February — May 2023
- Admission tests: May — July 2023
- Date of taking up duties: 1 October 2023
For all questions relating to the organization of the competition, we invite you to read the candidate’s guide.
What type of position are you hiring for?
Researcher (1 item)
Additional skills and experience (optional)
Unlike most recruitment competitions, there is no criterion of nationality for research scientists. Each year, nearly a third of the successful candidates are foreign nationals representing more than 90 different nationalities.
There is no age criterion for applicants, so long as you have not reach the legal working age limit.
STANDARD GRADE RESEARCHER (CR)
1 - Hold one of the following qualifications:
- State or third cycle doctorate,
- engineering doctorate,
- research diploma in odontology (DERSO),
- research diploma in human biology (DERBH);
2 - Hold a foreign university qualification deemed to be equivalent to one of the above qualifications;
3 - Have scientific qualifications and work experience deemed to be equivalent to the above qualifications.
For researcher (CR) recruitment competitions, if you do not hold a doctorate or if you hold a foreign qualification, you may still be eligible for the competition if so approved by the competent evaluation body under the National Committee for Scientific Research, that will rule on the equivalence of your work experience.
SENIOR RESEARCHER GRADE 2 (DR2)
You may be eligible for the competition if you meet either of the following criteria:
- You belong to a research body at a public scientific and technological institution (EPST) with at least 3 years’ experience in that capacity.
- If you do not belong to a research body but you meet one of the aforementioned criteria in terms of qualifications or work experience and have at least 8 years’ experience working in research after obtaining one of the required qualifications.
More about the employer
The French National Centre for Scientific Research is among the world's leading research institutions. Its scientists explore the living world, matter, the Universe, and the functioning of human societies in order to meet the major challenges of today and tomorrow. Internationally recognized for the excellence of its scientific research, the CNRS is a reference in the world of research and development, as well as for the general public.
Present in all fields of knowledge, the CNRS ranks among the leading global research institutions for its excellent research and innovation achievements.