JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Summary
We are looking for a Pathologist to integrate diagnostic pathology interpretation with knowledge of disease mechanisms and drug mechanism of action to inform development of pre-clinical and clinical assets. In this position, you will utilize expertise in tumor microenvironment characterization and/or immuno-oncology to inform mechanism of action and target engagement for experimental therapeutics. You will work closely with Research Scientists in pre-clinical discovery and development drugs for the treatment of cancer, as well as Scientists and Clinicians who discover and develop biomarkers for pharmacodynamics assessment and patient stratification in clinical trials.Responsibilities
In this position in our Oncology Research and Development Translational Oncology/Translational Sciences group you will:
- Ensure that strategies for the treatment and cure of disease are based on accurate analysis and pathogenic mechanisms of disease.
- Provide pathology support for drug and biomarker discovery programs in oncology.
- Integrate results across diagnostic platforms leveraging a strong understanding of the principles of other diagnostic modalities.
- Evaluate new technologies to enhance efficiency and research capabilities.
- Interact with colleagues, help outsource studies to contract research organizations and diagnostic companies and be accountable for driving project team decisions as they relate to target expression and patient stratification.
- Inform clinical experimental design and analyses leveraging experience bridging histological interpretation of preclinical animal models
- Foster collaborations with external academic laboratories as well as clinical study principal investigators to drive innovative approaches in novel modalities of cancer patient care will be a key component of the role.
- Implement conventional and novel platform applications to assess tumor, immune, stroma histology in therapeutic development.
- Reports to Director/Executive Director Early Translational Oncology
- Interact with Research Scientists, molecule study teams, Contract Research Organizations (CROs), and diagnostic commercial entities.
- Degree - MD or DVM
- Minimum 7 years related post degree experience in an academic Pathology lab
- Strong publication track record in high impact peer-reviewed journals in a relevant field of biomedical research
- Experience interpreting pathology data in the context of molecular and cellular biological concepts, leveraging strong traditional pathology skills
- Experience managing several projects at any given time and working successfully and collaboratively in teams
- Strong communication skills verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences
- Related industry experience
- Board certification in Anatomic Pathology or combined Anatomic Pathology/Clinical Pathology
- Active State License
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Relocation support available
Work Location Assignment:On Premise
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.