Why Patients Need You
Pfizer's purpose is to deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. Research and Development is at the heart of fulfilling Pfizer's purpose as we work to translate advanced science and technologies into the therapies and vaccines that matter most. Whether you are in the discovery sciences, ensuring drug safety and efficacy or supporting clinical trials, you will apply cutting edge design and process development capabilities to accelerate and bring the best in class medicines to patients around the world.What You Will Achieve
At Pfizer we deliver breakthroughs that change patients' lives. The Chemical Biology Team plays a vital role in this mission through enabling the discovery and molecular understanding of small-molecule therapeutics. In La Jolla, we are dedicated to the development of oncology agents that disrupt cancer biology or redirect the immune system against cancer cells. We are seeking scientific innovators with expertise in chemical biology, chemistry, cell biology, proteomics, and oncology.
As a Senior Associate Scientist in Chemical Biology, your research will drive a deeper understanding of tumor biology as to discover new targets, and investigate drug mechanisms of action. Relevant methodologies include but are not limited to click chemistry, biotinylation, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, cell culture and proteomic analysis.
The successful candidate will work closely with individuals in Medicinal Chemistry, Protein Sciences/Structural Biology, Drug Safety and Oncology Biology groups to innovate and develop next-generation of therapies for the treatment of cancer.How You Will Achieve It
- Design and execute experiments utilizing PAGE gels, western blots, protein digestion, plate readers, and various enrichment strategies.
- Prepare samples for various chemical biology and proteomic studies including use of biotinylation, click reactions, chemical probes, and immunoprecipitation.
- Communicate experimental findings accurately in both oral and written formats.
- Contribute to achievement of immediate work group goals and collaborate with other team members.
- Build effective partnerships with other research lines, in particular biology, synthetic chemistry, protein science and biochemistry.
- Drive the utilization of the most contemporary and effective technologies.
- Communicate work clearly and concisely to internal stakeholders through written and verbal communications.
- Adhere to all company safety and compliance requirements.
- Actively participate in discussions and present results in chemical biology team meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree with 3+ year(s) previous of experience OR M.S. degree with 1+ year(s) of experience in the fields of chemistry, biochemistry, protein chemistry biology, or similar.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture.
- Experience in preparing protein samples from purified cells, tissues, and/or FFPE.
- Ability to independently design, plan, execute, and interpret experiments.
- Excellent organization and planning skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as part of a team, good verbal and written communication, and strong motivation with a dedicated.
- Prior experience with click, photoprobe, or biotinylation reactions.
- Familiarity with small molecule drug discovery.
- Relocation support available.
- Work Location Assignment:On Premise colleagues work in a Pfizer site because it's needed to get their job done. They may have flexibility to work remotely from time to time, but they are primarily on-site.
- Last Date to Apply for Job: November 30, 2022.
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.
\nPfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development