The incumbent is responsible for performing routine and characterization analytical chemistry tests and conducting analytical chemistry projects / technology transfers within the Analytical Technology (AT) group. The Sanford AT group is comprised of analytical scientists who work on multiple biologically derived intermediate and drug substances (i.e. proteins, polysaccharides, and gene therapies).
The AT analytical scientists will:
- Collaborate with other scientist (process and analytical) in MSAT and AT on all projects,
- Test samples and document analytical results,
- Interpret the data of tested materials
- Lead transfer of analytical methods (in and out) between AT Sanford and analytical development, Quality Control (QC) Lab, other MSAT departments, and/or 3rd Party Entities
- Develop new methods for characterization and comparability testing
The incumbent is expected serve on cross-functional projects and teams within the Pfizer network. Projects must achieve business, quality, and compliance objectives; and must be executed in a manner that assures full compliance with government regulations and internal company standards and values.The incumbent will interact regularly with their manager and with their fellow analytical chemists for guidance and coaching.ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct wet-chemistry and instrumental analytical chemistry analysis on in-process and final batch/bulk concentrates sample types.
- Prepare analytical standards and reagents.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Calculate results using Excel spreadsheets and/or instrumental software.
- Document results in electronic laboratory notebooks. Review and witness notebooks of peers.
- Author, Review, and Approve technical reports, methods, and regulatory documents.
- May work individually as well as support colleagues on various projects as assigned
- Serve on various teams as analytical representative and/or subject matter expert. Role of a network SME requires frequent participation in teleconference / WebEx meetings with internal and external collaborators.
- Perform general administrative assignments that support the entire AT and MSAT departments (e.g. safety representative, Limited Duration Efficiency teams, etc)
- Perform method development and method transfer in support of various projects
- Applicant must have eight years of relevant experience; OR an Associate's degree with six years of experience; OR a Bachelor's degree with at least three years of experience; OR a Master's degree with more than one year of experience.
- Knowledge of fundamental analytical chemistry principles (i.e. use of standards and controls, matrix effects, sample preparation, sample management, calculations, control charting, spectroscopy, chromatography, ELISA, use of laboratory equipment, protein methods, etc.)
- Attention to details - This position involves generation of accurate analytical results. Nearly flawless execution skills are expected and required.
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills - If the work is not documented clearly and completely, then the work will be of no value.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills
- Comfortable using and learning instrumental software
- Familiar or experienced in Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
- Experience working in molecular biology or cell-based assays is desired; experience with PCR, AUC, NGS, cell culture, etc.
- Experience with electronic Laboratory Notebooks (eLN) is desired
- Analytical method development experience is desired
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS Position is for first shift but may require flexible scheduling on rare occasions to accommodate process schedules for critical samples with an immediate requirement for analysis. Travel is not anticipated but may be required on an infrequent basisWork Location Assignment:On PremiseLast Date to Apply for Job: December 13, 2022
- The incumbent will spend at least 75% time in a laboratory environment standing, walking, or sitting at an analytical bench.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs on infrequent occasion (equipment transfer, large volume reagent preparation, etc).
- Significant amount of pipetting is involved.
Eligible for Relocation Package: Yes
Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs and/or eligibility.Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine Act
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative. EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Research and Development