Novartis Institutes for BioMedical (NIBR) is the global pharmaceutical research organization of Novartis. With approximately 6,000 scientists and physicians around the world, our research is focused on discovering innovative new drugs that will change the practice of medicine. We have an open and entrepreneurial culture, encouraging collaboration to make effective therapies.
At NIBR, our mission is to discover innovative medicines that treat disease and human health. To do that, our scientists need ground breaking, pioneering computing systems.
With NIBR Informatics (NX), NIBR is making a strategic investment into informatics capabilities and is positioning itself to deliver the systems and services that are critical to the future of drug discovery.
What you will be responsible for:
• Supports NX leaders in strategic level portfolio planning for non-scientific business capabilities
• Works side-by-side with SPM/ Portfolio operations to deploy, operate and continuously evolve processes, forums, documentation, tools used in the process
• Works with SPM/ Strategic Planning to translate desired strategic outcomes to strategic change Programs in the Portfolio. Facilitates resource prioritization and change management process related to Strategic programs and material changes in Portfolio in general (beyond scope of a Product line)
• Works with NOE/ Business Planning & Resource Fulfilment to support Business Planning and to integrate NX budget and HC constraints into Portfolio selection and commitments
• Works with NOE/ NX Delivery Excellence to assess feasibility of delivery of planned Portfolio outcomes and to assess complexity of planned activities.
• Strives for lean processes that enable independent decisions of empowered teams, that facilitate planning of teams downstream from these decisions and that brings holistic/ up-to-date view of NX Portfolio to NX and its Stakeholders
• Works in close collaboration with SPM/ Business Performance and with IPDS/ IT Products to develop/ acquire and deploy tools that enable fast decisions based on high quality of data owned by NX teams
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Bachelors or advanced degree in Life Science or Technology
• Formal training in Project/ Program and Portfolio management
• At least five years of experience managing teams accountable for business outcomes in a direct management or Project/ Program management role
• Proven success with implementation and operation of Product/ Program Planning processes in a Product organization strongly preferred
• At least five years of experience working in a technology organization or Product organization targeting technology market
• Understanding of IT and Informatics organizations, Portfolio management and Stakeholder management
• Understanding of the scientific research process
• Experience with various Project/ Program/ Product/ Portfolio management tools
• English fluent, German (basic, intermediate, fluent)
• Ability to travel 25%
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $136,800 and $205,200/per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected] .