New modalities and especially oligonucleotides play an increasing role in the Novartis project pipeline and thus call for the development and implementation of novel analytical methods, as well as cutting-edge data analysis workflows.
We are looking for a highly motivated Postdoctoral candidate with a strong background and experience in Data Science applied to Analytical Chemistry. This position offers a unique opportunity to shape the applied analytical science of Oligonucleotides at Novartis. In parallel to your Postdoctoral activities, you will receive outstanding insights into drug development at Novartis and shape your network for the next career step. State-of-the-art equipment and science paired with a highly dynamic, multicultural, and committed team of scientists is granted.
Are you interested? We are waiting for you to put your own stamp on it. The position is located at the Novartis Headquarter site in Basel within the Analytical R&D (ARD), which is a line function of the Technical R&D department of Global Drug Development. ARD plays a crucial role in the characterization and analysis of Drug Substances and Drug Products from the time they leave the discovery laboratory until they are transferred to Commercial Production.
Timing: 2023 (preferred start date February 2023)
Duration: 12 months
• Identify, evaluate and implement data analysis tools based on multivariate data analysis and statistics for chromatographic raw data extraction, collection, and evaluation.
• Develop methodologies based on machine learning to model the data and enable automated data processing of chromatographic methods.
• Implementation of the automated workflows to accelerate development timelines.
• Present your research internally and at international conferences to build an external network and constantly evaluate the external landscape in this field.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Recently finished PhD in analytical chemistry or related discipline, with interest and experience in data science, applied statistics or related subject area.
• Strong experience in programming tools (i.e., R, Python), machine-learning algorithms and sophisticated digital skills. Expertise with some publishing models and in chemometrics with regards to automated method development, signal processing / recognition is an asset.
• You bring along analytical knowledge and experience in chromatography and mass spectrometry methodologies. Experience with Chromeleon would be desirable.
• An excellent track record of original research in analytical chemistry and data science applications demonstrates your strong background in the above-mentioned fields.
• While you are a strong team player and role-model in collaboration, the ability to work independently will be valued.
• You have a creative mindset, self-driven attitude, high level of learning agility and are constantly eager to expand your knowledge and establish new techniques.
• A track record on strong interpersonal and communication skills is regarded as a basic requirement.
Why consider Novartis?
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!