Over 108,000! That’s how many US patients Novartis Oncology products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
The MSL is a field based, non-promotional medical and scientific role. The MSL’s key objective is to engage scientifically with HCPs and medical experts in their territory to carry out the relevant Integrated Medical Team strategic and tactical plan. MSLs must demonstrate deep therapeutic expertise, understand territory/market influences, collaborate effectively with cross-functional colleagues, and execute all relevant activities in alignment with the Novartis Code of Conduct, Ethics/Compliance policies and Working Practice documents.
This territory will be responsible for covering North Texas, OK and AR . The preferred location for the successful candidate to reside would be in the Greater Dallas area.
• Customer engagements may include but not be limited to:
o Emerging data discussions
o Exploration of areas of unmet medical need
o Clinical trial activities and pipeline discussions
o Capture of medical insights, responding to unsolicited requests
o Disease, product and adverse event education.
• Responsible for establishing relationships and engaging in peer to peer level scientific discussions around emerging data, treatment guidelines, molecular pathways, mechanism of action (MOA) of Novartis products including molecular testing and diagnostics, clinical outcomes and research opportunities.
• Implementing scientific and educational strategies in collaboration with colleagues from Medical Affairs and Clinical Operations to support Novartis-sponsored trials, investigator initiated research, and educational initiatives;
• Work to pair our key customer's educational and research needs with available Novartis resources aligned with Novartis strategy
This role is field based - with the expectation that the MSL will be in the field and customer facing (virtual or face-to-face) the majority of the time to achieve performance/business objectives (up to 75-80%).
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $174,400 and $161,600 annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you bring to the role:
• Advanced scientific or healthcare degree required; doctoral degree preferred.
• Experience in Hematology strongly preferred
• Detailed knowledge of clinical medicine, disease management, and medical research is necessary, clinical research and oncology experience required as well as proven knowledge of GCP practices and standards.
• Minimum of 3 years Field Medical required / Oncology experience preferred
• Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
• Possess a thorough understanding of the FDA, OIG, HIPPA, PhRMA Code and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry, to ensure compliance with these external as well as internal guidelines and standard operating procedures.
• Have the ability to gain medical insights, uncover business opportunities for Novartis and leverage internal resources to meet customer needs aligned with Novartis strategy
• Must be a strong team player who can effectively work cross-functionally in a matrix environment, including collaboration with clinical and commercial personnel as necessary.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
COVID-19: While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network