Scientist - Lab-Ops Pharmaceutical Development (f/m/d), SDC, Kundl, Austria
500 million! That is how many patients we reach with our products every year, improving their lives. It is our aim to expand this to more than 1 billion. Sandoz, a division of Novartis, is a global leader in generic and biosimilar medicines, committed to playing a leading role in driving access to medicine worldwide.
As a Laboratory Scientist, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the pharmaceutical development of generic drug products in the galenical laboratory. Are you curious, motivated and looking for your professional challenge - then take this chance and join our team in Lab-Ops.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Plan, perform and document scientific experiments for manufacturing and analysis of solid, semi-solid and liquid dosage forms
• Summarize, interpret and report scientific/technical results; actively support the design of next experiments
• Review and approve raw data of analyses / experiments generated by team colleagues
• Participate in technical sub-teams and fulfill assigned project tasks and responsibilities
• Assist in the internal lab organization and perform material management
• Ensure adherence to data integrity and company quality system requirements
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• University degree or completed apprenticeship in chemistry or pharmacy or related science with focus on pharmaceutical technology
• Good knowledge of software and computer tools (MS Office)
• Proficiency in English (written and spoken), German is a plus
• Understanding of data integrity requirements, as well as scientific and process-oriented thinking
• Strength in organizational skills, agile work style with hands-on attitude as well as team orientation
• Passion for supporting the international scientific team in solving pharmaceutical challenges
• University degree with ideally 2+ years of experience in laboratory operations, preferably in pharmaceutical technology
• Apprenticeship with ideally 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes and/or technical understanding
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
In addition to a market-competitive base salary, we offer an attractive incentive program, a modern company pension scheme, childcare facilities, learning and development options as well as worldwide career opportunities within the Novartis group. In accordance with Austrian law, we are obliged to disclose the minimum salary as stated in the collective bargaining agreement. For this position the minimum salary is € 49.804,58/year (on a full time basis). We also offer a potential market oriented excess payment in line with your experience and qualifications.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Our recruitment decisions are based on selecting the best person for the job, regardless of gender, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network