2023 will see Sandoz become a standalone organization! As a global market leader in Generics and Biosimilar medicine, Sandoz is stepping forward from a position of strength! Those joining Sandoz in the coming months will help shape the future of the company, it's growth, innovation, culture and how Sandoz impacts the lives of millions. These will be careers with genuine impact! This is one such role!
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Actively lead, initiate, and direct cross functional teams, networks and /or platforms in the area of analytical operations to ensure appropriate analytical control strategy incl. qualification/validation of analytical methods and timely execution of release analytics;
• Understand and meet individual program and customer needs and ensure all analytical team activities are aligned with overall biosimilar development process.
• Provide scientific/technical leadership for efficient and robust processes for analysis of intermediates, drug substances and drug products. Support transfers of analytical methods, if required.
• Initiate, lead and influence new scientific/analytical programs.
• Address complex R&D issues and collaborate across technical development line functions. Evaluate and implement new related scientific technologies.
• Drive the analytical strategic plan and its implementation. Ensure current and future needs are fully met, unit projects are assigned, adequately resourced, delivered on time and in full compliance.
• Provide comprehensive advice as a go-to person on a wide range of issues relating to analytical processes.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• World leading operational expertise in analytics of biotherapeutics.
• Extensive experience in late development stages including regulatory approval and commercialization
• Profound understanding or regulatory requirements
• Strategic thinking
• Ability to lead in a matrix organisation
This position is available in 3 different locations: Germany (Holzkirchen), Austria, Slovenia.
• Min 10 years of experience in protein analytics
• Recognized expertise in GMP analytical operations and related areas. Broad scientific as well as strategic background.
• Excellent track record of innovation, creativity, problem solving and productivity in projects.
• Proven key contributions to development projects, marketed products, and strategic activities.
• Critically assessing current trends and upcoming techniques for current and future applications.
• Thorough understanding of development processes in BioTD and good understanding of development activities in some functions external to BioTD.
• Proven track record to lead interdisciplinary and cross-cultural teams.
• Excellent leadership skills.
500 million patients were touched by Sandoz generic and biosimilar medicines in 2020 and while we’re proud of this, we know there is more we could do to continue to help pioneer access to medicines for people around the world.
How will we do this? We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Sandoz!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Sandoz is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Hiring decisions are only based on the qualification for the position, regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability.
The law provides for severely disabled / equal applicants the opportunity to involve the local representative body for disabled employees (SBV) in the application process. If you would like to request this, please let us know in advance as a note on your CV.
Join our Sandoz Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Sandoz and our career opportunities, join the Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/sandoztalentpool