Are you a seasoned Virologist willing to work at a high level of complexity, requiring a combination of analytical capacity, scientific knowledge, and leadership in cross-functional teams? If so, this Vaccines Discovery Project Leader Paramyxoviruses opportunity could be an exciting opportunity to consider.
The Discovery Project Leader (DPL) works on a Director level, and is accountable for driving the evaluation of potential new infectious disease vaccines and/or monoclonal viral targets, with subject matter expertise on Paramyxoviruses, for addressing scientific knowledge gaps through research program to substantially de-risk later investment and for delivering promising candidates to the development stage.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
- Accountable for delivering new projects to the development pipeline
- Accountable for delivering new solutions to support life cycle of existing assets
- Lead one or more matrix cross-functional teams to evaluate medical need, value proposition and feasibility and to design and execute a research program to address key scientific knowledge gaps
- Produce Go/No-go recommendations on Discovery programs to governing bodies
- Ensure high-quality scientific strategy in collaboration with team members
- Establish key external collaborations to enhance the quality of the programs in partnership with External R&D and BD
- Apply rigor and discipline to develop and implement harmonized processes and to ensure knowledge management of evaluation content and decisions
Ideally, this role will be located on the US East Coast, but remote working arrangements may be considered for US candidates aligned with the appropriate skill set. Why You? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD, MD or DVM and postdoctoral training
- Minimum 5 years of industry experience in Vaccinology, Structural vaccinology, Infectious Diseases, Virology (Paramyxoviruses)
- Experience in the field of infectious diseases (virology)
- Experience with preclinical R&D, Clinical development, Regulatory processes, process development, intellectual property rights, business development and commercial strategies
- Experience in managing high level of complexity, requiring a combination of analytical capacity, scientific knowledge
- Leadership experience in cross-functional teams
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Leadership capabilities and ability to think strategically
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- People management, communication and influencing skills
- Knowledge of the vaccines business
*LI-GSK Why GSK
At GSK, we have already delivered unprecedented change over the past four years, improving R&D, becoming a leader in Consumer Health, strengthening our leadership, and transforming our commercial execution. Now, we're making the biggest changes we've made to our business in over 20 years. We're on track to separate and create two new companies in 2022
: New GSK with a leading portfolio of vaccines and specialty medicines as well as R&D based on immune system and genetics science; and a new world-leading consumer healthcare company of loved and trusted brands.
With new ambition comes new purpose. For New GSK, this is to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together - all with the clear ambition of delivering human health impact; stronger and more sustainable shareholder returns; and as a new GSK where outstanding people thrive.
Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it. How we do all this is through our people and our culture. A culture that is ambitious for patients
- so we deliver what matters better and faster; accountable for impact
- with clear ownership of goals and support to succeed; and where we do the right thing
. So, if you're ready to improve the lives of billions, join us at this exciting moment in our journey. Join our challenge to get Ahead Together.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record