In GSK Medical Affairs, we focus on communicating the science behind our diseases and medicines in order to help patients, clinicians and healthcare systems make better informed decisions that beneficially impact patients' lives. Insights have been recognized as a key enabler to help us deeply understand our stakeholders needs and motivations.
This role will drive and support the generation of critical findings and insights partnering within the Medical Affairs Therapeutic Area to discover key actions that will enable better operational and strategic decision-making.
More specifically, GSK Medical Affairs' goal is to uncover and embed findings and insights to impact the following key focus areas:
- Input to Innovation - new molecule development, improved clinical trial design, evidence generation (for publications, etc.)
- Input to Performance - enabling robust external engagement with HCPs and the Scientific Community through congresses/conferences, speaker programs, MSL interactions, Medical Information data, etc
- Input to Trust - enabling GSK to rapidly respond to or anticipate needs in the marketplace so we can advocate for the patient and customer needs at every stage of development
Why you? Basic Qualifications :
- Develop a deep understanding of the therapeutic areas (including in-depth knowledge of products/medicines, customer segments, competitive environment, strategies/tactics).
- Execute certain types of analytics, including market research, industry trends (e.g., competitive benchmarking, best practices) and non-modelling secondary analyses. Partner with the Medical Analytics Centers of Excellence to integrate results and findings across the team (e.g., reporting metrics, text analytics/natural language processing, advanced analyses).
- Understand and synthesize multiple findings including real world data (e.g., claims), reporting metrics (e.g., MSL call data), voice of the customer (e.g., advisory boards, market research, social media) to develop a holistic, integrated picture to identify opportunities.
- Identify additional analyses or information needed to supplement findings and enable better identification of actionable customer insights
- Champion insights approaches, frameworks, and analytic methods; Demonstrate leadership and influence in driving to the customer insight for the best decision making.
- Build and earn trust as an unbiased consultant/advisor to the TA. Build strong partnerships with Commercial Insights & Analytics team, Global and R&D to ensure findings and insights are shared across the enterprise.
- Drive and challenge opportunities for action and inclusion within strategic planning and tactical execution plans.
- Proactively seek out opportunities to better connect quantitative and qualitative findings for impactful action plans and stronger story points to drive actions and decisions.
- Seek out external perspectives and environmental trends that influence perspectives and appropriate actions.
- Use compelling, impactful storytelling skills to simplify the complex and present recommendations that inspire action.
- Stay up to date on best practices and methods with customer research, market dynamics, insight methods, and external benchmarks/practices to drive best in class insight discovery.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BA/BS in applied quantitative sciences discipline (Business, Life Sciences, Applied Science, Analytics, Market Research, Healthcare Consulting) with strong business acumen
- 5 years' experience in applying analytics and insights for business decisions (market research, analytics, forecasting, etc.) OR 3+ years with an advanced degree.
- Strong grasp of insights and how to uncover them. Strong understanding of relevant analytical concepts and frameworks
- Ability to understand and synthesize across multiple types of datasets and findings
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Excellent understanding of medical functions and medical affairs activities
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communications skills
- Ability to develop relationships based upon trust and mutual respect
- Experience in Pharmaceuticals/Medical Field preferred; MD or PharmD with advanced quantitative science degree
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose - to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together - so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns - as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it's also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We're committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record