Are you interested in joining our Immunology Research Unit to discover new targets and innovative therapeutics?
As a Senior Scientist in the Immunology RU, you will be working in collaboration with groups across GSK R&D and world-class external partners to develop treatments for autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, as well as related disorders. Responsibilities include some of the following:
- Supporting GSK's research by conducting experiments using established protocols and developing novel assays and innovative techniques.
- Delivering data to enable timely decision-making by project teams.
- Communicating results to a range of internal stakeholders.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in Immunology or a related discipline.
- 2+ years of research experience in an academic or industry laboratory environment.
- Technical expertise in immunological methods such as flow cytometry or cellular immunology assays, cell culture, molecular biology and biochemical assays.
- Master's degree in Immunology or a related discipline.
- Expertise in immune cell biology, including practical experience in the isolation, culture and manipulation of immune cells.
- Experience working in matrix project teams.
- Expertise in assay development and validation.
- Understanding of small- and/or large-molecule drug discovery.
- Competent in designing, prosecuting and interpreting experimental studies.
- Flexibility with the ability to prioritize multiple projects to meet timelines while maintaining attention to detail and high-performance standards.
- Previous experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present data to multidisciplinary teams, project leaders and senior management.
We're combining the power of genetic and genomic insights into what causes disease, with the speed and scale of artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) to make better predictions about who a treatment might work for, and why. We believe this powerful combination of data and technology holds the key to fundamentally transforming medical discovery for the better, improving R&D success rates and shaping how even the most challenging diseases, like neurological conditions and cancer, can be both prevented and treated.
In 2021 we delivered four major product approvals: Cabenuva for HIV, Jemperli for endometrial cancer, Xevudy for COVID-19 and Apretude , our new long-acting medicine for HIV prevention.
Find out more: Our approach to R&D
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose - to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together - so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns - as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it's also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We're committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record