The Good Food Institute Europe (GFI Europe) is looking for a Research Support Manager to catalyse the European scientific community to build a sustainable, secure and just food system. If you’re excited about working with universities, scientists, and companies at the cutting edge of the sustainable protein field, we’d love to hear from you!
GFI is at the forefront of the movement to advance plant-based, cultivated, and fermentation-made meat in order to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger, to antibiotic resistance and animal suffering.
Reporting to our Science and Technology Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring that sustainable protein researchers are able to carry out the most impactful research possible. This will include helping researchers gain access to the knowledge, tools, infrastructure, and collaborators they need to work effectively.
- Full-time (flexible hours), permanent. Requests for part time hours (0.8 FTE or above) can be considered.
- Home-based/remote from anywhere in Europe.
Salary: Benchmarked to nonprofits in the country of hire. Indicative ranges: €4,100 to €4,500 per month if based in Germany, or £38,000 to £44,000 per year if based in the UK.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A passion for GFI’s philosophy and mission.
- A strategic mind: with your team, you will be responsible for selecting the highest-impact things to work on for facilitating the scientific community.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to tailor messages to students, scientists, university administrators, companies, and other relevant audiences.
You don’t necessarily need to have an advanced degree for this role as long as you have some background in a science or engineering field (BSc or equivalent), and have the ability to get up to speed with the science underlying the development of sustainable proteins.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every colour, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritise an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
Deadline: Monday 19 December 2022, 11.59pm CET.