7000 patients, 1200 clinical sites, 40 countries, 100+ clinical studies led by Novartis Clinical Sciences & Innovation (CS&I) last year.
Who are we?
We are Clinical Sciences and Innovation at Novartis. A dynamic group of Clinical Trial Leaders (Clinical Scientists) who plan and execute early phase trials worldwide. From First-in-Human to Proof-of-Concept and beyond. We design and operationalize trials, ensuring they run smoothly, on time and - most importantly - with patients’ interests to the fore.
Curious, unbossed and inspired; we are committed to flexibility in the workplace.
As a member of our team, you will support the clinical science and operations of planning and executing translational medicine clinical trials. Collaborate across our global network. Partner with outstanding physicians and scientists. Build therapeutic area expertise. Revolutionize next-generation, digital and patient-centric trial design. Be always curious, innovative and inspiring.
More specifically, you will:
• Operationally and scientifically support (ACS)/co-lead (CS) early phase clinical studies (Phase 1 first in human/patient trials, Phase 2a proof of concept trials).
• Drive and deliver assigned aspects of global clinical trial execution from study design, set-up and conduct to final reporting.
• Support (ACS/CS) or lead (CS) the matrix-management of robust global clinical trial teams, collaborating across the organization and externally with service providers/investigator sites.
• Support (ACS) or contribute (CS) to development of clinical study protocols and other required documents.
• Ensure quality conduct and document standards are applied across the clinical trial lifecycle.
• Support clinical data review.
• Support optimization of standard methodologies in clinical trial operations and adopt an open learning and sharing environment.
• Unleash the value of data and digital within clinical studies.
Ultimately, YOU will help bring new technologies and therapies closer to our patients.
Multiple positions available.
This position will be located at the Cambridge, MA site and will not have the ability to be located remotely. This position will require up to 5% travel as defined by the business (domestic and/ or international).
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
In this role, you will bring:
• A life sciences PhD or PharmD (desirable), or BSc or MSc in life sciences.
• 1 - 4 years’ experience within pharma clinical trial management and clinical trial operations, coupled with a good knowledge of the drug development field.
ACS level: minimum 1 year relevant clinical trial management experience.
CS level: minimum 2 years highly relevant clinical trial management experience and demonstrated accountability in leading clinical trial aspects.
• Neuroscience or cardiovascular experience desirable.
• Strong project management experience; excellent planning, prioritization and organizational skills; used to managing multiple priorities concurrently.
• Leadership potential and well-developed interpersonal skills. A track record of collaborating with and influencing a wide range of people, and of building strong partnerships.
• High change agility, thriving in an open and dynamic environment. Able to learn proactively, tackle issues and take accountability.
• Clear written and verbal expression of ideas; an active communicator.
This is a dual level posting. Final job title and associated responsibilities will be commensurate with the successful candidates’ level of expertise. There are multiple positions available.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $97,600 and $146,400/year for ACS and $118,400 and $177,600 for CS; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Why consider Novartis?
766 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2021. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
No video provider was found to handle the given URL. See the documentation for more information.