Be part of the next breakthrough! The Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR) is seeking a highly self-motivated and results-driven individual to join NIBR La Jolla’s Regenerative Medicine research group. As part of a dynamic, multidisciplinary team, you will support projects for regenerative strategies in neuroscience. This exciting role will interface with experts throughout the company in regenerative biology and neuroscience.
- Independently design and execute novel in vitro cell-based experiments that implement project strategy
- Test independently-generated hypotheses for novel discovery biology
- Document, analyze and interpret experiments, identifying next steps based on analysis of own data and data from other lab contributors.
- Present results within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Skilled collaboration across project team labs, building new network connections within existing project teams to achieve project goals.
- Train members of lab and broader project team in familiar techniques as needed.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you will bring to the role:
• Terminal MS or BS degree in Biology, Neuroscience, Neurobiology, or related field with >2 years of full time academic or industry laboratory experience. The level of the position will commensurate with experience.
• Basic knowledge of CNS anatomy and physiology highly desirable
• Human and rodent tissue dissection and primary cell isolation
• Hands-on experience in culturing primary cells and ESC/iPSC-derived cells
• Cell and tissue imaging expertise using high throughput or high content methods desirable, and/or basic confocal and multiphoton microscopy skills.
• Knowledge of assays including; histology, immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization, flow cytometry, protein detection assays, qRT-PCR
• Demonstrated strong communication skills, collaboration skills and attention to detail
• Familiarity with statistical analyses and how to apply these to biological data
• Basic rodent handling and surgery techniques desirable
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
COVID-19: While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected] .