That’s how many people across the globe are directly affected by Neurodegenerative diseases. These diseases, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, and Spinal muscular atrophy stop patients from participating in productive, active lives, connected to their families and friends.
Here, at the Neuroscience department at Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research, we are looking for a highly motivated Senior Scientist to join a vibrant multidisciplinary team committed to finding and improving treatments to better the lives of these patients. The successful candidate will be responsible for advancing cutting-edge drug discovery projects and enhancing our portfolio. Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Design, conduct, and analyze experiments to generate high quality data for drug candidate optimization and validation.
• Develop and characterize various disease models to unravel underlying disease biology and guide drug discovery activities.
• Critically analyze data and effectively present results to the multidisciplinary project team and Neuroscience Department as required.
• Document records of data and protocols in an accurate and timely fashion using Novartis data handling systems.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in neuroscience, cell biology, biotechnology or related field with minimum 2 years of research experience, preferably in a pharma industry setting.
• Demonstrated expertise with cellular and molecular biology, biochemical techniques, assay development and mammalian cell culture
• Proficiency in conducting large-scale cell-based assays and handling rodent tissue samples is expected.
• Candidate must be highly motivated with a collaborative mindset and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Master’s degree in neuroscience, cell biology, biotechnology or related field.
• Broad understanding in disease mechanisms and prior experience in neurodegeneration research is preferred.
• Prior experience in characterizing in vitro or in vivo properties of small molecule compounds is a plus.
• Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking and troubleshooting capabilities.
Why consider Novartis?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you are given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you are empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges surround you.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine!
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Vaccine Policy: While Novartis does not require vaccination at this time, for certain Novartis sites in the US all associates and candidates may be required to either upload an image of their COVID-19 vaccine card demonstrating proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 (or other similar evidence of vaccination) or proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken by the associate or candidate within the past seven days to enter any of our sites and/or customer office or healthcare facility, as well as prior to participating in other work related off-site meetings. Employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination.
As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected] .