1 purpose! Novartis expands its early development and innovative CAR-T cell therapy capabilities for making personalized medicine accessible to more patients in need. Our therapies are being developed as transformative treatments with life-saving potential for various hematological malignancies and other oncological diseases. We look to be bold with purpose, as we reimagine medicine and lead the way in advancing scientific breakthroughs for patients.
The Senior Manager Science & Technology (Analytical Platform Development) will be a major contributor to pipeline development and implementation of novel analytical platforms for our Cell and Gene Therapy products. This is a highly visible role within Technical Development that interfaces with multiple functions across the organization, including development teams in NIBR, Quality Control and Technical Operations. The successful candidate will own current and future development projects and contribute to interdisciplinary work across the broader Cell and Gene Therapy organization. The candidate should have extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in advanced analytical technologies, method validation and implementation. This position requires strong leadership and management skills, prior experience in fast-paced laboratories and expertise in functional assays and immune cell profiling.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Identify, develop and validate novel analytical assays and new GMP-compliant methodologies for Cell and Gene Therapy products
• Independently design, plan and perform complex molecular and potency assays, cellular characterization, multi-color flow cytometry
• Actively keeps a breast with the latest advances in next-generation analytical technologies for Cell and Gene Therapies
• Drive project timelines and deliverables while meeting internal quality and data integrity requirements
• Implement resolution to technical challenges, support manufacturing investigations, communicate effectively and present complex data at internal and cross-functional meetings
• Author and/or review method development reports, SOPs, validation reports, comparability reports, technical documents for regulatory filings
• Work according to appropriate SOPs, GMP, GLP, QM, HSE, ISEC and Novartis Guidelines and Code of Conduct
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Education: PhD or Master’s degree in Immunology, Cancer Biology, Molecular Biology or related discipline, with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience post degree
• Extensive knowledge of analytical method development for cell-based assays and biomarkers
• Senior manager role requires track record of prior experience as people manager
• Demonstrated experience with functional assays, potency, multi-dimensional flow cytometry, molecular assays. Experience with single-cell assays and cell sorting is preferred.
• Advanced technical skills to independently plan, design, execute and troubleshoot analytical testing for characterization and product release assays
• Prior experience with tech transfer of analytical methods, analytical specifications and regulatory submissions is preferred
• Solid organizational skills, multi-tasking, self-motivation and attention to detail
• Drives innovation by researching relevant literature to improve existing methodologies while evaluating alternative approaches
• Excellent communication, presentation and scientific/technical writing skills
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment and quickly acquire new technical skills and knowledge
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $118,400 and $177,600/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Accessibility and reasonable accommodations
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.