766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives.
Bringing life-changing medicines to millions of people, Novartis sits at the intersection of cutting-edge medical science and innovative digital technology. As a global company, the resources and opportunities for growth and development are plentiful including global and local cross functional careers, a diverse learning suite of thousands of programs & an in-house marketplace for rotations & project work. With strong medicines pipeline our current transformation will not just deliver growth for our business but continue to allow us to bring innovative medicines to patients quickly.
The Strategic Site Partnership Lead (SSPL) is a regionally based individual contributor who is responsible for managing strategic accounts that conduct clinical trials. The SSPL will report into the Strategic Site Partnership Head for US region and will proactively manage the customer relationship to cultivate key customer relationships and optimizes the cooperation with selected trial sites to improve performance in clinical studies (phase I-IV, global, regional, local) in all Franchises (all disease areas) regarding patient numbers, timelines and quality and thus establishes Novartis as partner of choice in clinical trials. This position will work collaboratively across various local and global Trial Management Operations groups (Strategy, Finance, Training, Contracting, Medical).
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
In cooperation with study sites:
• Prepare and implement Site Partnership Strategic Plan in cooperation with assigned study sites and US Medical, when appropriate
• Communicate Novartis standards & expectations to partner sites for current and future clinical trial collaborations.
• Support and optimize speed of site initiation readiness as well as achievement of committed patient numbers in partner sites.
• Be single point of contact for all US TMO and for the relevant external stakeholders (e.g., departments heads, investigators, pharmacists, clinic administration) over all therapeutic areas at assigned sites.
• Optimize Novartis processes with the goal to simplify and speed up study start-up with focus on site set-up.
• Guides and oversees partner site activities regarding overarching topics, in particular execution of the partner site Strategic Plan
• Communicate knowledge regarding sites and the overarching topics to the organization and inform and recommend relevant functions actively (e. g. site selections)
This position can be based remotely in any of the following locations (there may be some restrictions based on legal entity). Please note that this role would not provide relocation as a result. The expectation of working hours and travel (domestic and/or international) will be defined by the hiring manager. This position will require 50% travel.
Mid Atlantic: MD, VA, DC, OH, MI, IL, IN
Southeast: KY, TN, AL, GA, MS, FL, NC, SC
Northeast: NJ, NY, PA, MA, CT
Mid West: MO, LA, OK, KS, TX, CO, IA
West: CA, WA, OR, UT
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you'll bring to the role:
• Degree in scientific or health discipline required and advanced degree preferable.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in in the pharmaceutical industry and at least 5 years of experience in clinical trial management
• Capable of leading in a matrix environment, without direct reports
• Understanding of all aspects of clinical drug development with particular emphasis on monitoring and study execution
• Strong project management capabilities with demonstrated ability to problem solve and mediate complex issues
• Detailed understanding of the international aspects of drug development process, including expert knowledge of international standards (GCP/ICH), health authorities (FDA/EMEA), local/National Health Authorities regulations and Novartis standards
• Demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills both internal and external (site relationships)
Why consider Novartis?
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here:
Accessibility and reasonable accommodations:
The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [email protected] call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.